• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Testing a headlight switch

Shizzlemah

Guys,
Is there a procedure on doing a continuity check on the 3-lever light switch?

I'm chasing some electrical gremlins here- confirmed the directional switch is bad, but would like to check the big lightswitch while it is out.

dabtl

I used the Bjorn supplied diagram. I found the power circuit to the switch, used the multi-meter and it was hot. Thus, bad switch.

BEASTMASTER

hey guy, started having directional problems myself and found if i put the switch on and move it back just a little bit the directionals would work.guess it's from letting the little guy play in there.

Shizzlemah

thanks for the link.
my directional switch failed the ohm test. i opened it up and there was some major damage, arc'd contact points, melted wires, etc.

The headlight switch passes basic checkout by itself, and with no directional, everything worked aside from the rear directinonals and brake lights.

Now to find a new directional and then chase the brake issue

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks