• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Testing a Pertronix ignition module

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok all-
I had issues with my M715 and @G744 was kind enough to teach me how to test the Pertronix electronic ignition module I put in.

(It was in a box in the truck when I bought it, so I don't know if it had been used prior).

(Also, the power wire from my battery is black, so pay the color no mind).

Basically what I did was remove the coil from the equation.

Using an alligator clip, I connected the 24 from my battery to the positive side of the module, then connected the other end to the probe of my 24v test light.

I connected the "Negative" side of my test light to the negative side of the module.

Turned on the ignition and hoped for some flashes as she turned over.

No love.

Ordered a new ignition module today.

20230426_172831.jpg
20230426_170102.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ok all-
I had issues with my M715 and @G744 was kind enough to teach me how to test the Pertronix electronic ignition module I put in.

(It was in a box in the truck when I bought it, so I don't know if it had been used prior).

(Also, the power wire from my battery is black, so pay the color no mind).

Basically what I did was remove the coil from the equation.

Using an alligator clip, I connected the 24 from my battery to the positive side of the module, then connected the other end to the probe of my 24v test light.

I connected the "Negative" side of my test light to the negative side of the module.

Turned on the ignition and hoped for some flashes as she turned over.

No love.

Ordered a new ignition module today.

View attachment 896003
View attachment 896004
I would really like to see that same test configuration - and see it flash the test light - when you get the new ignition module.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks