• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Testing forum skills

jtpegleg

I have been reading etiquette rules and many manuals. This is the first time I have ever tried to post anything on SS though I have benefited greatly from reading old posts and TMs.:shrugs: I sure hope this works and I haven't posted incorrectly and ruined anyone's day.

jtpegleg

Not so sure I have the hang of editing though. I am so glad this forum exists, this is the most I have ever typed on any social forum and have no clue what I'm doing.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just discovered there is a reply on the box posting. Now I'm confident I have acquired the online skills of a three year old.
It will come with time. I must admit, you gave me a good laugh this AM with this line. Glad you're becoming more active here. :)

glassk

chevrolet_blazer_m1009_cucv-43962.jpg

Number nine, number nine, number nine, number nine
Number nine, number nine, number...

jtpegleg

Well I am glad someone enjoys my slightly warped sense of humor. I though it was just a test format for those new to the site and figured I'd just try responding to some of my own posts. Didn't know anyone else would even see it LOL!!

jtpegleg

View attachment 510776

Number nine, number nine, number...
Well on my second reply to a person (other than myself) I learned another valued lesson, reply with quote feature is really useful when addressing a specific reply." Number nine" to the 15th power? Is there an m1009 spotting contest or have the become endangered???:confused:

jtpegleg

WOW!!! You've caught up with me then and I've been on here about 7 years!!:beer:

Welcome to the best MV Site on the planet!:goodjob:
Thanks! after some embarrassment and laughs when I realized that other members would see my test posting :oops: it may have answered my question before I tried a post. Maybe this means mechanical issue testing posts and not new goobers trying to figure out how to use the forum testing forum. I have learned tons thanks to this site and can't thank all the members enough! Of course now you all know what a fruit loop I am and there is no point in holding back :cookoo:.

jtpegleg

You can do multiple quotes in one reply. Put your responses under each quote. That is your homework from the school of Steel Soldiers!
Thanks a lot! I didn't know you could do that. Would I just keep clicking "reply with quotes" and would they all appear in the quick reply box at the bottom? I really have never used any form of message board, forum or chat room since 1996. Always used internet like a research library and place to buy hard to find part's and such. That's why I hoped to practice, without looking like too foolish, before interacting in anyone's thread.....mission failed. Also figured I'd read(and did read) all pertinent TM's and existing threads before asking questions or posting things that are already redundant.:deadhorse: There is so much info here I still have not needed to post anything, hence the practice. Is this actually the forum to learn how to post or did I misuse a forum?

jtpegleg

This is the testing forum. It's perfectly fine to test things out here. :)
Thank you, I was hoping that was it's intended use. I did try to phil2968's suggestion of replying to multiple quotes; however every time I added another reply with quote it only defaulted to the last reply clicked only. I'm sorry, I failed my SS homework assignment(this post was an attempt to reply with quotes to two at a time).

jtpegleg

Thank you, I was hoping that was it's intended use. I did try to phil2968's suggestion of replying to multiple quotes; however every time I added another reply with quote it only defaulted to the last reply clicked only. I'm sorry, I failed my SS homework assignment(this post was an attempt to reply with quotes to two at a time).
I'm using tapa talk app on my phone. I touch and highlight each post I want to quote. Maybe someone using a browser can chime in.
Well, I think I figured it out after all!!! I guess I have now caught up to the online skills of a 7 year old! It seems there is a multi-quote box on the far right corner, you check off all the ones you want to reply too then select reply with quotes and voila the trick she is done.:carnac:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Thanks a lot! I didn't know you could do that. Would I just keep clicking "reply with quotes" and would they all appear in the quick reply box at the bottom? I really have never used any form of message board, forum or chat room since 1996. Always used internet like a research library and place to buy hard to find part's and such. That's why I hoped to practice, without looking like too foolish, before interacting in anyone's thread.....mission failed. Also figured I'd read(and did read) all pertinent TM's and existing threads before asking questions or posting things that are already redundant.:deadhorse: There is so much info here I still have not needed to post anything, hence the practice. Is this actually the forum to learn how to post or did I misuse a forum?
Well, I think I figured it out after all!!! I guess I have now caught up to the online skills of a 7 year old! It seems there is a multi-quote box on the far right corner, you check off all the ones you want to reply too then select reply with quotes and voila the trick she is done.:carnac:
WOW!!! For a person with 7yr old skills you are pretty dern good!! I never knew how to "multi quote" until you posted this!! Guess my skills are still at the 3yr old level...:roll:

I can't wait til you learn sumpin else so I can learn it to!!:popcorn:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did not know how to do mult quotes, this is cool :)

Welcome to SS, crazy world we live in

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks