• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Testing forum skills

jtpegleg

Wait a minute I know I've read posts in threads from both papabear and swiss. I remember both your screen names and avatars searching old threads for answers more than once. And if you guys have learned something from me on how to use this forum. Then that can only mean, uh oh, maybe my earlier concerns have come to pass?
Now, I am becoming a little concerned that I have created a parallel universe:shock:. If so I sure hope I am wealthier and better looking in it, but with my luck probably not. I knew it was too soon, and I should have studied more before meddling with forces I didn't understand. Now I've gone and done it :doh: . I've probably put into motion an unstoppable chain of catastrophic events resulting in the end of SS as we know it:tin hat:. If not then I'm sure glad my fumbling around has helped someone else learn something.

jtpegleg

I'm afraid I have to demote myself back to a 6 year old level for internet capabilities. It seems I put the intended picture for my avatar in my profile picture(I suppose you've guessed I'm not a rocket scientist). The best part is it only took me about 15 posts to catch on LOL! Tomorrow I will attempt to further modify my account, as I still can't figure out how to show vehicle lists and quotes or links to appear in my posting box. It's not that I have any profound quotes, let alone any links to share but I might one day and would like to figure it out. Any help will be happily received.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Now, I am becoming a little concerned that I have created a parallel universe:shock:. If so I sure hope I am wealthier and better looking in it, but with my luck probably not. I knew it was too soon, and I should have studied more before meddling with forces I didn't understand. Now I've gone and done it :doh: . I've probably put into motion an unstoppable chain of catastrophic events resulting in the end of SS as we know it:tin hat:. If not then I'm sure glad my fumbling around has helped someone else learn something.
Well that just sucks!!! I thought in a parallel universe things were supposed to be different??

I'm still fat, stupid, balding, old AND broke!!

Attachments

glassk

I'm afraid I have to demote myself back to a 6 year old level for internet capabilities. It seems I put the intended picture for my avatar in my profile picture(I suppose you've guessed I'm not a rocket scientist). The best part is it only took me about 15 posts to catch on LOL! Tomorrow I will attempt to further modify my account, as I still can't figure out how to show vehicle lists and quotes or links to appear in my posting box. It's not that I have any profound quotes, let alone any links to share but I might one day and would like to figure it out. Any help will be happily received.

That's why the M1009 picture in my other post,...

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
. Tomorrow I will attempt to further modify my account, as I still can't figure out how to show vehicle lists and quotes or links to appear in my posting box. It's not that I have any profound quotes, let alone any links to share but I might one day and would like to figure it out. Any help will be happily received.
Settings
> My Settings
>> Edit Signature

jtpegleg

Settings
> My Settings
>> Edit Signature
Thank you very much! I attempted to figure that out more than once. I also tried to hit the thanks button at the bottom of you posting in appreciation but only got an error message. Is that feature to show gratitude for helpful advice as was my intent?

Last edited:

jtpegleg

The parallel universe will add 20 pounds and make you a little shorter. :goodjob:

Bert
Thanks! When you are replying with quotes and only sowing part of the quote relevant to your reply, how are you accomplishing that? Do you delete the unwanted text in the reply box before posing or highlighting what you wish to cut before replying? Also I've noticed highlighted sentences within a reply with quote but haven't figured that out? Is this something only possible in the parallel universe or am I missing something obvious again?

jtpegleg

I'm glad this test forum is here to work out all of my greater than normal online inadequacies, and I thank everyone for helping out an inexperienced new member.
Now If only I could figure out how to take a picture with the camera feature on my PC I would replace the profile picture. Right now I have a fancy expensive electronic mirror when I open the camera feature on my PC.:mrgreen:

jtpegleg

View attachment 511442

if you have yourself on the screen,
use control + print screen to paste into paint
Thanks for the help it is appreciated. I found when heading for the camera icon on this wacky windows 8 format to try your advice that there are two separate camera icons. Why? Who knows? There is one purple and one green, I've been using the large green icon which seems to be a mirror. This time I tried the purple icon and there are two buttons(stills and video) and it puts it right into the photo file.
I also tested some functions on part of your advice to see what happened. I used the underline and wrap in quotes to see what it would do(likely underline and wrap in quotes I suppose). I still can't figure out how to highlight a partial quote in yellow.

jtpegleg

Well it did wrap the segment in quotes and underline it as advertised. Not quite as good as the highlighting but it will help focus on content intended should the need arise in a reply.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Thanks for the help it is appreciated. I found when heading for the camera icon on this wacky windows 8 format to try your advice that there are two separate camera icons. Why? Who knows? There is one purple and one green, I've been using the large green icon which seems to be a mirror. This time I tried the purple icon and there are two buttons(stills and video) and it puts it right into the photo file.
I also tested some functions on part of your advice to see what happened. I used the underline and wrap in quotes to see what it would do(likely underline and wrap in quotes I suppose). I still can't figure out how to highlight a partial quote in yellow.
Oooo....Oooooo....I know that one!!

Use the "Reply with Quote" button to get what ya want into the "Reply to Thread" area.

THEN: Left click and drag the mouse over the part ya want to highlight. THEN look right above the reply to the toolbar. See the large letter "A"? Click on that and colors will appear, pick the one ya want and click on it. After ya click on submit the quote will be yeller...or whatevah color ya choose.

jtpegleg

Oooo....Oooooo....I know that one!!

Use the "Reply with Quote" button to get what ya want into the "Reply to Thread" area.

THEN: Left click and drag the mouse over the part ya want to highlight. THEN look right above the reply to the toolbar. See the large letter "A"? Click on that and colors will appear, pick the one ya want and click on it. After ya click on submit the quote will be yeller...or whatevah color ya choose.
This is a scheduled test of the color highlighting system, had this been an actual highlighting emergency instructions would have followed the test in this post. This is only a test.

jtpegleg

Thanks a lot Papabear!!!!!! That one gave me the most troubleaua you definitely have to do it in the exact order as you typed. My problem is a tend to add something to the reply(that's what went wrong the first two times) , of course that negates the highlighting. So I need to just do the highlighting and color selection last.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks