• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Testing glow plugs, am I doing it right?

buckroseau

Having a starting problem.....it isn't. Grabbed the multi meter to check the ohm's while the plugs were still in the truck. One terminal on a ground and another on the plug bullet. While the plugs where still in the truck, 1 plug tested at 2.0 ohms. The other 7, nothing.

I pulled all 8 plugs tonight, all came out easy, no swelling. The plug by itself on the left is the one that is reading 2.0, the others don't do anything?

Am I missing something, or do glow plugs go from working to not working over the course of a few starts?

Thanks, Matt

Attachments

gcbennet

I pulled and tested all of my plugs just to either confirm or eliminate them during my S3 box troubleshooting. I put my probes on the connector nipple and the outer casing and they all metered at between 2.0 and 2.5 ohms.