• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Testing Water on Selling

sandcobra164

I'm testing the waters, no truck is for sale at the moment.

I have a 1971 M35A2 in pretty good shape. It has a Hercules Multifuel that was one of the last few motors the government could buy, it's a 1991 build, not rebuilt but new in 1991. It has spin on oil filters and a spin on primary fuel filter. It has a new master cylinder, air pack, new wheel cylinders and outer and inner wheel seals on the rears and they of course have cleaned and re-packed bearings. I have not gone into the front axle other than a post recovery drain and refill as I did with every gearbox on the truck.

I've had this truck for 3 years now, it's been driven to 2 GA Rally's and participated in trailriding on both. That's 200 miles 1 way from my house and the only reason it didn't make the 2011 Rally was because I didn't have a driver lined up. It's solid and reliable. I use it to tow GL buys from the local base on a regular basis.

I'm entertaining the idea of selling it because my wife would like to drive a "Big Truck" from time to time and I've decided a M939 series truck would serve me better. I would like to know what the good folks on here would "Honestly" ask for this truck before I list it. It is sitting on 10 Firestone T831's with the 11th up on the spare tire rack, all under 3,000 miles, the one in the spare tire rack has never hit the ground under a truck. It's well maintained, has made some long long drives and I wouldn't hesitate to do those rides again. I do need to add that I took the D turbo off, installed a C turbo and a muffler, turned up the fuel years ago, installed new canvas along with fiberglass uprights and metal bows, new cab canvas, and anything else the truck needed over the last 3 years. She's a runner with a bump of the starter button. The only downside of the truck, it would only come with copies of the GL receipt, 3 years of GA Registration and a Bill of Sale.

Now, what would you value a private party transaction at? I'm open to opinions, I appreciate it but I know what I have into this truck and how much it means to me. I'd appreciate "Honest" opinions before I list it and I know where my low offer accept is.

Attachments

welldigger

Since you don't have a title its going to be tough to sell out of state. I know here in LA no title is a no go. As far as value goes around me you could sell the average deuce for 4-5k all day long.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually welldigger; it isn't an issue. GA does NOT issue titles to ANY pre-86 vehicles (unless they came into GA from another state with a title). Other states will take GA's registration and issue titles because they know GA doesn't issue them. All you need is a GA registration and bill of sale. Sold trucks when I was in GA to 4 different states-zero problems. The Firestones, are a nice addition.

welldigger

Actually welldigger; it isn't an issue. GA does NOT issue titles to ANY pre-86 vehicles (unless they came into GA from another state with a title). Other states will take GA's registration and issue titles because they know GA doesn't issue them. All you need is a GA registration and bill of sale. Sold trucks when I was in GA to 4 different states-zero problems. The Firestones, are a nice addition.
Ah thank you for correcting me there. That's good information to know.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's kind of confusing; it's not that he doesn't have a title, GA won't issue one.

welldigger

I see what you mean. I know some states have a process to get a title if the vehicle doesn't have one. In LA you can only apply for a lost title if you are the original owner. Otherwise your s.o.l. Now that I understand why there isn't a title "so to speak" it would more than likely not be a problem since in GA the bill of sale and registration are the "title". I purchased a truck from TX the was registered with equipment plates. It did not have a title. Instead I got the certificate of origin from general motors. That threw me in a tail spin until I figured out that basically was the title.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For anyone in Ohio that wants to buy it just take the Bill of Sale to the OH BMV with the inspection paper of the "VIN" and they hand you a new Ohio title. The inspection paper if filled out by anyone in OH authorized to inspect the "VIN".

sandcobra164

Very nice truck. Just a curious question.... What is that mast near the exhaust stack? :confused:
It had a ring mount at some point during it's life and they couldn't get that leg out, I haven't been able to either. It's also got the cab re-enforcement plate riveted in at the back of the cab as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks