• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TET Offensive Commemoration, Ft.Pickett Virginia

M60A3

FORT PICKETT FIRST ANNUAL NATIONAL GUARD DAY MILITARY VEHICLE RALLY AND HISTORIC DISPLAY.
HAMPTON ROADS HISTORICAL REENACTMENTS & FT. PICKETT NATIONAL GUARD TRAINING CENTER PRESENT:
TET OFFENSIVE 40TH ANNIVERSARY
VIETNAM COMMEMORATION
HONORING OUR VIETNAM VETERANS

SATURDAY OCTOBER 4TH
FT. PICKETT BLACKSTONE ARMY AIRFIELD
9AM TO 6PM

MILITARY DISPLAYS FROM NUMEROUS TIMELINES.
MILITARY VEHICLES FROM MANY ERAS ON OUTSIDE DISPLAY.
MODERN MILITARY VEHICLES WILL ALSO BE ON DISPLAY, INCLUDING:
M1 ABRAMS TANKS: (M1A1 AND M1A2)
M2/M3 BRADLEYS
M113A2/A3 APC’S
M109A6 PALADIN 155mm SP HOWITZER
M992 FAASV PALADIN (FIELD ARTY. AMMUNITION SUPPLY)
M60A1 AVLB (ARMORED VEHICLE LAUNCHED BRIDGE)
M1114 UP-ARMORED HMMWV’S
M977 HEMMITT
FMTV TRUCK
MORE...
VIETNAM AIR/GROUND COMMUNICATIONS DISPLAY WITH HUEY HELICOPTER.

MILITARY VEHICLE OWNERS WILL HAVE THE CHANCE TO DRIVE THEIR VEHICLES ON THE 6 MILE LONG TANK TEST TRACK BORDERING THE AIRFIELD.
VIETNAM RE-ENACTORS WILL HAVE THE CHANCE TO TAKE PART
IN A SIMULATED VIETNAM ERA CONVOY, RIDING ON/IN 4 M113A2 APC’S AND AN M88, AS WELL AS ANY PRIVATELY OWNED VIETNAM ERA VEHICLES THAT WISH TO PARTICIPATE.

FOOD VENDOR WILL BE ONSITE ALL DAY SATURDAY

PARTICIPANT SETUP /REGISTRATION ALL DAY FRIDAY OCT. 3RD AND SATURDAY
OCT. 4TH 8AM TILL NOON. (THERE WILL BE NO CHARGES!) (MUST BE REGISTERED TO PARTICIPATE IN DISPLAYS, TRAILRIDE AND/OR CONVOY)
**NO WEAPON OR VEHICLE RESTRICTIONS OR REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED!(BUT NO LIVE AMMO!)**
MILITARY VENDORS ARE WELCOME AND WILL BE PROVIDED SPACE INSIDE THE HANGER. MUST BRING YOUR OWN TABLES AND CHAIRS (THIS TIME.)

VEHICLE OWNERS WILL BE PROVIDED SPACE IN THE HANGER TO SECURE THEIR VEHICLES OVERNIGHT IF THEY DESIRE. THE HANGER WILL BE LOCKED AT NIGHT.

RE-ENACTORS AND DISPLAY OWNERS WILL BE PROVIDED BARRACKS SPACE FREE OF CHARGE FOR FRIDAY ARRIVALS AND SUNDAY DEPARTURES. (PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU WILL REQUIRE SPACE)

CONTACT DAVE INGLESBY @ HRHRVA@Yahoo.com or 804-347-6030
Or MARC MEISNER at Mrmeisner@hotmail.com

M60A3

Some Pics from the HRHR event at Ft. Pickett, Blackstone Virginia.

Sorry for not posting sooner, but this will be a yearly event in October. Here are a few quick pics...Including a 20 mile convoy ride through the base training areas.
Will be adding active duty and vintage aircraft next year including a Vietnam Vintage Skyraider hopefully, as well as our non flying Huey that we used for display this year.
Working on an event in conjunction with Harley-Davidson and Dr. Pepper for this spring also in Richmond for the Wounded Warrior program. Will need all eras of vintage military vehicles for display, and this particular event may have some very high profile celebrities in attendance.
I will post event information as it develops.

Attachments

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very interesting event. And an event that has alot of memories attached for many GIs. I appreciate them paying tribute to a very tumultuous time in the war. I would like to attend but much too distant and my emotions would probably come unglued. The same with THE WALL. Unable to look at it.
If anyone has the opportunity to visit the Viet Nam Memorial in Angle Fire, NM please take it. The memorial with built by the father whose son was KIA. The father built the memorial for not only his son, but for all of us that served and sacrificed. A wonderful place that gave me a very warm, tho emotional experience. That has been 8 years ago and still brings wetness to my eyes when remembering back. Difficult to hold back. I share this so that others may also know that it is OK to allow the emotion to surface regardless how painful. A part of the healing process. The more one holds it in the more it festers.
I thank all of you who have served.
Gary

littlebob

Very interesting event. And an event that has alot of memories attached for many GIs. I appreciate them paying tribute to a very tumultuous time in the war. I would like to attend but much too distant and my emotions would probably come unglued. The same with THE WALL. Unable to look at it.
If anyone has the opportunity to visit the Viet Nam Memorial in Angle Fire, NM please take it. The memorial with built by the father whose son was KIA. The father built the memorial for not only his son, but for all of us that served and sacrificed. A wonderful place that gave me a very warm, tho emotional experience. That has been 8 years ago and still brings wetness to my eyes when remembering back. Difficult to hold back. I share this so that others may also know that it is OK to allow the emotion to surface regardless how painful. A part of the healing process. The more one holds it in the more it festers.
I thank all of you who have served.
Gary
Gary,

I take it you were there and have memories most would like to forget.
I appreciate your service and I think my intrest in MV's is due to the
everyday media coverage during that time when I was still a youngster
and seeing the convoys of MV's from FT Polk everytime we went to see my Gandmother in Beaumont TX in that time period.
Thankyou, for the service that most people will
never understand, because of you and your brothers from every era
I am FREE!

littlebob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks