• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Texas trailer inspection

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My understanding is that all FMVs do not require paid inspections in Texas. I.e. owner is responsible for all inspections and assuring road worthiness. Tell you in 2018 when I have to re-register my FMVs.

banjotx

This was news to me. I didn't get my renewal sticker last Oct. for my 16' tandem axle flatbed, 6500 lb. Gross, utility trailer and went online to find out why and that I had to have a $7. inspection to see if lights worked.
Apparently now all tagged trailers, 4500 lb. gross, need the freaking inspection to get registration sticker renewed and find it hard to believe that everyone with a trailer in Texas will do that or even know about it. My inspection guy who I have used for years, grumbles about doing the $7. inspections, but he close by and always grumbles anyways.:popcorn:
Law requires that trailers get safety inspections - Houston ...

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My understanding is that all FMVs do not require paid inspections in Texas. I.e. owner is responsible for all inspections and assuring road worthiness. Tell you in 2018 when I have to re-register my FMVs.
A lot of people (myself included) have their 1101/1102 registered as a regular vehicle not FMV. This regulation should have zero effect on FMV trailers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks