• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TH400 kits for rebuilt / overhaul

Hello everyone,

I would like to overhaul my TH400 soon.
It is a bit leaky at the front to the torque converter, but shifts cleanly and neatly. The oil is red
brownish. I don't know if it was ever changed.

The entire truck is original in terms of engine and transmission, and I want to keep it original.

I plan to reseal the TH400 and redo all bearings, O-rings, friction and steel plates, Bushings, Torrington Bearings etc.
A new torque converter is also here.

Which kit is suitable for our CUCV ?
High Performance Kits seem to be necessary for an exorbitant amount of horsepower, I don't think we need that, do we?

There is also often talk of different "stages", I think that will affect the number of horsepower.

All I want is to reseal the TH400 and equip it with new bearings and replace the wear parts when I have already opened the TH400. I don't intend to swap the engine for a gasoline or turbo. I am very satisfied with the 6.2 diesel.

At Transparts-Warehouse, for example, there are several kits for sale for probably different horsepower strengths.

Also, the kits do not contain all the things I need for a revision of the TH400 and I have to buy additionally.
For example, there is the true no-walk case bushing, does this "upgrade" make sense?
Which Roler Sprag should I take?
There is a green rear seal (34074) for trucks, and a "normal" red rear seal (44074). Should I take the green one ? What are the differences between the two ?

I'm really sorry to annoy you with the stupid questions, but I hope that the community here can help me find the right kit.

Greetings from Germany, Daniel :)

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Typically I go for a bushing kit added on to the regular steels seals and friction...you don't need any stages or upgrades for this truck. That being said I do usually get the red line friction with the kolene steels...doesn't cost much more for them....for me it's just preference. I wouldn't order any hard parts till you get it apart and see if you actually need it. The anti rattle kit is usually a case saver...can be used but not needed if the case is ok.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk