• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

th400 problem

robert c neth

Banned
He should have the NP 208 transfer case. No PTO cover on that model.
thanks for the info .i rebuilt the tranny for the fire depts cucv, only one i worked on and it had a 205 case in it.after some research i see the 208 is standard.there truck came from the us forest service and im geussing someone modded it thanks again for the in put.

sounds like the little plastic tabs on the fork. My 208 did the same thing. When the TC was rebuilt, the tabs where almost non-existent. If I had to hit the breaks hard, it would pop out of 2H. I had to shut the truck off and wait for the tranny to stop spinnging, put it in park, and shift out of and then back into 2H. Good luck with the rebuild!

max1008

an update-
installed new/used transfer case out of another 1008. Shifts into 4h and 4l way better but it leakes around the case halves.
So i pulled the case again and redid the case halfs gasket, rear housing gasket and the tailshaft gasket.
Everything operates as it should and no leaks.

Pulled my m101 trailer full of crap through the woods in 4l due to some knarly hills/ditches. once onto the gravel path transfer case made a whining noise for a minute and then went away. As I am pulling out of the woods very loud clunking noise from transfer case in 4l.
No noise in 4h or 2h just in 4l. WTF!
Im not exactly sure of how the 4l operation works so i am unsure how to diagnose this problem. Can someone shed some insite into the 4l operation and if they have any ideas on what could be broken now?

Attachments