• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

th400 shifting at high rpm

lavarok

From reading threads on this site and doing work on my own M1009; I would suggest checking the following:

1. Is there vacuum coming out of vac pump?
2. Is there vacuum coming out of the regulator ( side of IP )
3. Vac lines
4. Vac Modulator on side of tranny

lavarok

The new modulator I bought last week was adjustable. The old one I took off was not.

However, I chose to adjust my shift point at the regulator; slightly rotating mine towards the cab to decrease the rpm shift point.

I went from 13 Hg to 14Hg at idle at the regulator output.

Last edited:

jkade72

where do you adjust the regulator? It is hard to tell in that diagram. Mine likes to get up in the rpms from 1st to 2nd gear and I checked the lines.

Thanks

dunedigger

You will notice two screws that hold the assembly in place and have obvious slots for play in the adjustment. losten those two screws and the whole thing will rotate back and fouth to adjust. It should be easy to reference where it was before you adjust it from the clean spots where the bolts were.