• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thank you

dirtdiver

I've been a member of this site for about 4 years. I rarely post, mainly because I have spent most of my time perusing the vast amount of information and knowledge here. I finally got my 1009 up and running after an engine swap, with the ensuing nightmare of hooking it all back together. I had never done anything like this, as I am only a shadetree mechanic. Although I did all the labor myself, I cannot say I did it all myself. The advice, input, and knowledge shared by those who post here helped me through it all.

To all newbies and novice mechanics like myself: Spend time reading and searching. Clean everything electrical. Replace anything rubber. Learn to use a voltmeter. The technical manuals are full of good info; download them and study.

This post is to simply say "thank you". Cheers!

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good for you. It's hard to explain the satisfaction one gets when you accomplish a complicated mechanical repair/task. Time spent reviewing the manuals and understanding the tools needed to accomplish a job is time well spent. Tribal knowledge is only as good as someone else's success/failures. Developing your own experience will only lead to further success. Ok, what else needs to be fixed now.....
JC

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where this is so helpful is the next time you have any issues, you can visualize what you worked on in your head to help figure out the issue.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks