• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thank You!!

M1009

The amount on information on this site is amazing! I just wanted to say thanks to all those that tiredly reply to those that ask even the most mundane question! Every answer helps all those that may have come upon that very same problem.

As it did for me! I had some battery, alternator, and hard start problems, and within a few pages found very detailed answers to my problems that saved me hundreds of dollars.

Once again great job everyone, keep up the good work!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
An internet forum with smart people is an amazing resource.

I have an F-150 with a poorly designed HVAC unit that dealers charge $800 to replace. I googled "rebuilt 2003 F-150 HVAC" and found a thread where a guy on an F-150 forum took his apart and rebuilt it for $2.00 (4 tiny o-rings).

So that guy taking time out of his life to post up pictures and a reasonably in depth description of the process saved me (a total stranger) $798.

WARWAG

Well so far you guys have cost me $2800! I bought my "first" M1028 :D. The wife im sure is not to happy with my new "green" forum either. I seem to just zone her out when im on the computer. Not sure what her problem is...........lol This is indeed a great Forum!

rnd-motorsports

A good forum is way better than a book anyday! and the people you help and get thanks from can make your day! its a pleasure to take a moment and answer a question when you can and even get an answer when needed I even learn from this forum! couldn't ask for more. :D

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well so far you guys have cost me $2800! I bought my "first" M1028 :D. The wife im sure is not to happy with my new "green" forum either. I seem to just zone her out when im on the computer. Not sure what her problem is...........lol This is indeed a great Forum!
WARWAG,
You're going about it the wrong way.

Find and join an MV club. SLOWLY get the wife involved. Then ONE DAY, she will be on board...

How do I know this? Here's a pix of my wife at the end of August 2010.

View attachment 210488

Trust me, she wasn't always as embracing of 'our' hobby. But she found that most of the folks involved are actually really nice folks.

The meal you see her fixing was chicken and beef fajitas, pintos, rice, guacamole, taco, etc...

krall

yes that is the best part .... the people!!!! not just the wealth of knoledge .... its the kindness of all those that post. thanks