• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thanks for priming fuel line tip!

mbavers

I found advice (last year) for disconnecting flex line on top of injector pump and forcing air in into it until fuel ran out of filter overflow line. Worked perfectly and saved me much hassle. I used a regular tire valve with the rubber removed from the outlet end, which fit well into the flex line, then clamped it and added air with a hand held air pump. THANK YOU THANK YOU whomever posted that. Problem was leaking fuel pump inlet line, so I removed the pump and installed an electric pump.

Gloaf

Mebbe I'm a KISS (Keep it simple and stupid) type, but I primed my fuel filter by laying it in its back and filling it full of diesel fuel before attaching it onto the mount. A smidge spilled, but it worked for me. No further priming needed.
Gloaf