• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thanks to all!

FLHomesteader

Good day all,

I have been surfing and viewing this site for many months now and untill recently hadn't become a member. Now that I am, I wanted to personally thank everyone with so much great information and knowledge!

I purchased a 1985 CUCV M1009 a few months back, and with the help of this site have enjoyed many miles on and off the road, (including spending the night stuck in a swamp high centered).

Without the files, diagrams, and search feature of this site I would have been completely lost!

If I could shake your hands, I would!

FLHomesteader

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Accademy.:cookoo:

Lots of good folks in your neck of the woods.

The GA Rally is in Oct. Join the convoy that will be headed up from FL and have a weekend of good folks, good fun, good food and more MV's than you can shake a stick at.

FLHomesteader

I'd love to head up with a convoy, but the line of work I'm in has me working strange hours and unknown times.

That and I'm having my alternators rebuilt... Yeah, you guessed correctly, Gen 2.

I have to admit, this is some kind of strange addiction.

FLHomesteader

She's in decent shape, but I will admit that she had the typical rusty spots. The hole for wiring on the passenger side. a little at the floor boards (silly people apparently didn't know to close the vents) and a tiny spot on the hood.

Dave08

Welcome aboard! You will definitely catch the fever now. It starts with the small things and then pretty soon you end up with trailers, 5 tons, tractors, and other items as you start to get addicted.....:beer:
It is a lot of fun and you meet a lot of great folks that have a lot of knowledge! Enjoy and hope to see you in the future threads.
Dave08

BobM

ONE picture?
Well that is better than none!;-)
These guys helped me a lot with my old '08. IF I ever get caught up on stuff, I'll buy another.