• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thanks to Rayzer and Warthog

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I needed help diagnosing and troubleshooting the multiple problems with my horn on my M1009. I've driven the truck for 8 years without a horn, thinking that I would get around to repairing it eventually.

In October I was run off the road while heading south on the FL Turnpike, my 18' flat bed car hauler in tow. Our trucks nearly collided. Without a functioning horn, I was unable to alert the (drunk) driver that he/she pushed me off the road. This experience pushed the repair project to the front of the line.

I asked Rayzer if he could help get the horn working. Thankfully he had some spare time. I drove up to his place this morning. A volt meter told us the horn was getting constant power. I did a search for threads requesting help on the same issues. I found a couple threads that helped. I read through this thread posted by Warthog.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?50551-CUCV-Switches-Diodes-Relays
The picture of the relay and the diode really helped. After I cut the diode, we still had problems with the horn. It turns out that the rust on the horn button was causing a bad ground. After cleaning up the rust, the horn worked great!
:-D I installed a set of 116 Db marine grade stainless trumpets to replace the wimpy factory horn. It only took a few extra minutes to wire up the new horns. They are LOUD!!! :)
Thanks to Rayzer for his time and expertise. Thanks to Warthog for creating the horn relay and diode sticky. This truly is the best place on the Internet for OD Addicts!!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg