• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thanksgiving frugality

dirtyfingernails

I'd thought about getting some nice steel to make a keeper behind the cab of my bobbed deuce. But, I just couldn't bring myself to wasting the money on the steel when I had the original wood keeper from the truck (I've also tried to acquire the wood sides and bows for an M105 with no luck). So, this afternoon I retrofitted my bobbed deuce with the original keeper. Still needs a little support on the ends and an extra slat at the bottom, but I like it. More importantly, it saved me some scratch!

Attachments

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the olde corner-drill and jigsaw is a great way to go! I used that method to put boarding ladder slots in my M3 taingate so it can be a little porch

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have all the M105 wood sides you could ever need. I am out on bows though. Shipping could be a pain though. I also have just the metal uprights from that had damaged wood.