• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

That first outing of the year..

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have run the truck (M923) to work and back a couple of times this year, but went down to the TrippleX for the military vehicles show today.

Think I picked up more work that needs to be done that any other single day yet.

About 1/2 mile from the location I look at my oil pressure gauge. 0 psi. Been great till then. At that point there's really no spot to stop, and no giant puddle visible behind me so I risk it, trek the distance, park, and shutdown. Check the oil and it's all there. Oil filter is hot, no visible signs of leaks. (Well, oil leaks, but more on that in a minute.) Fire it back up to see if I can see anything amiss and ~40 psi pressure. I've had some issues with the sending unit before, so I write that off to the unit is still not good.

Noticed the emergency shutoff was leaking fuel, and about 1/2 shut off. It's been creeping off as the truck runs for a while now, and if it's gonna leak, it's gonna get replaced. Fortunately, I've already got the parts to switch to a dual fuel line and that bag has a replacement valve in it. So that work will need to get accelerated. Open it back up fully.

Get the PTO engaged and put the crane up. That goes well, except the main cylinder is way more shiny than it should be. (Yup, top seal is leaking)

Good times had by all, meet and chat with folks. Good burgers, root beer.

Take off for home and the oil pressure is psychotic between 60 and pegged. So need a new sending unit. Cleaned this one off once and fixed it, but this is not getting better.

Fuel stop, and home.

To find this:
WP_20170409_16_51_54_Pro (2).jpg

Was fine when I left the show. Didn't inspect the wheels when I stopped for fuel.

4 weekends until the next scheduled outing. Gonna be busy since it's still the rainy season. I really need a barn.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks