• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

That's some serious customizing, there...

coachgeo

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And I thought Jay Leno was the president of the More Money Than Brains Club..
Oh, I don't know about that.

He must have the brains, because look what he has done...and he must have the money, because look what he has done.

I say, good for him, he has a hobby and it looks like he is good at it!

As long as he is happy, that's all that matters.

Me, I'm a little jealous...I wish I had his brains and most of all, his money! ;)

Third From Texas

My only complaint is that he didn't go all out and put a decent telescoping steering column (with more then 1/4" tilt) in there with a badass custom steering wheel (horn, cruise, radio controls, mic key, etc).

But he may very well not be done....

Last edited by a moderator:

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I disagree here.

This guy took a $10K surplus truck and will end up with a $120-150K one-off customized overland RV that he could flip in a second even in Biden's economy.

Smells like hard work and profit to me.

luv ya TFT.. but look at what Economics 101 did to the owners of Bantha... they originally asked nearly $500k for their albeit rare 1087 "Overland Expedition" vehicle aka : Glorified Mall Crawler.. the truck and all it's mechanical issues ended up on Cars and Bids... it topped out at @$95k... it now seems to have been parted out where the "running chassis" was seen listed at $75k... no takers. Numbers hurt and don't lie. As for Jay Leno, each of his vehicles will command a huge amount of $$$ should, God forbid, they head to auction.. Profit on a LMTV that hits 6 digits...highly unlikely... but then again what was it that P.T Barnum said ?

:)

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
luv ya TFT.. but look at what Economics 101 did to the owners of Bantha... they originally asked nearly $500k for their albeit rare 1087 "Overland Expedition" vehicle aka : Glorified Mall Crawler.. the truck and all it's mechanical issues ended up on Cars and Bids... it topped out at @$95k... it now seems to have been parted out where the "running chassis" was seen listed at $75k... no takers. Numbers hurt and don't lie. As for Jay Leno, each of his vehicles will command a huge amount of $$$ should, God forbid, they head to auction.. Profit on a LMTV that hits 6 digits...highly unlikely... but then again what was it that P.T Barnum said ?

Third From Texas

No doubt.

But we've all seen these overland trucks sell for insane amounts of coin. Especially well done ones.

In any event, someone with the knowledge and skill to do a frame-off build and go thru every system is a lot less likely to be waiting on the side of the road for a tow truck than 99% of the LMTV owners out there.

:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks