• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The A-frame kit (hoist) for M35-let's talk about it

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is something I put together. It's based on a couple drawings I found. It is not a faithful rendition of what is found in the TM's, but it is lightweight enough to erect and use by myself.

I AM NOT advocating anyone else use these drawings for any purpose other than for discussion.

IMG_7836_edit_web.jpg

IMG_7837_edit_web.jpg

IMG_5521_web.jpg

IMG_5529_web.jpg

IMG_5515_web.jpg

IMG_5512.jpg

IMG_7831_web.jpg

IMG_7834_web.jpg

I found that the boom line had little tension on it even with the 250 pound loads suspended.

The cable is 1/2" steel.

When erected, the bottom end of the boom line is connected to the 3/8" load chain (and thence the trailer hitch) via a shackle; it IS NOT connected to the load chain through the chain come-along while a load is being hoisted.

The tailgate needs to be removed or the pins removed and bolted to the hook brackets.

This was used in 2019 and is shown at the "Uses for Deuces" thread on page 30:

I understand that the quality of the drawings may be too low to be useful; anyone who wants a higher-resolution image may PM or email me for better copies.

The next step will be fabrication and installation of mounting brackets to store the boom legs in the bed on a side wall.

Last edited:

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use a 12 volt winch powered from the pickup truck I’m loading/unloading. But obviously a 24 volt winch will be much more independent. I just didn’t see the need to own 2 winches👍

Another Ahab

I was digging through some old pictures today and ran across these that I took a couple of years ago when I first bought this kit. This is the complete military kit in NOS condition. Hopefully these will help the folks looking for design ideas based off the original kit.

View attachment 793792
Excellent!

Plain priceless.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks