• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Adventure Begins

Armada

At first glance, before I enlarged the pics, I thought it was an M715... Neat!

Cool (ugly!) truck!

Jon
I thought so too. Kinda like what the 715 would have evolved to. I like it, looks tough.

[thumbzup]Congrats on the new addition! I would love to be hoisting pints with you in a pub and listening to your recovery story first hand! Post more pics.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like the motor pool Sgt had a wrecked aircraft tug, and a wrecked m715. And laughs maniacally, as he asks to be handed the welder stinger...

Cool truck! I like the full air brakes! Perkins are good diesels.

dmetalmiki

ok here's more info

CHAD is when the truck was in action in the bosnian conflict with darfor. It was purpose built for the french and later irish S.A.S. There were only some 144 ever built and non were suposed to be in "civy" possesion apperantly. (like the hummer was?) However the dealer contractor Who had this and the only two others told me this was best one of the lot. I have been collecting ex U.S. military vehicles a LONG time...but digrest slightly when I bought the KRAZ 255B. and when I just sold my M series 5ton trctor unit and 47 foot recovery trailer, then two ex USAAF dodge dakotas.. I was looking on milweb and was imediatly drawn to this truck..(u no.."wanit wanit wanit!" so made offer ..and then the "trek" now I have it i am really pleased. (specially as) the weather forcast is SNOW mebbe tommorow then ALL week! I can't wait! with permanant 4 wheel drive (like the deuces etc) and diff locks it should be a real goer. ) AM I DONE NOW? errr not quite My M62 wrecker is prepped to go ..and collect an ex U.S. Army Airforce F350 ambulance.! that'l be two I own then!.. will take pics of that expedition...OH..and I woul dreali reali REALI like to have a "nice litlle unit.." like this..(to keep my M45 fire truck company (thats my excuse!)..a REAL wanit wanit wanit DREEEM..
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ScQ6N4q4hM[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzcDcehlU1Y[/media]

dmetalmiki

ok here's the more info

CHAD is when the truck was in action in the bosnian conflict with darfor. It was purpose built for the french and later irish S.A.S. There were only some 144 ever built and non were suposed to be in "civy" possesion apperantly. (like the hummer was?) However the dealer contractor Who had this and the only two others told me this was best one of the lot. I have been collecting ex U.S. military vehicles a LONG time...but digrest slightly when I bought the KRAZ 255B. and when I just sold my M series 5ton trctor unit and 47 foot recovery trailer, then two ex USAAF dodge dakotas.. I was looking on milweb and was imediatly drawn to this truck..(u no.."wanit wanit wanit!" so made offer ..and then the "trek" now I have it i am really pleased. (specially as) the weather forcast is SNOW mebbe tommorow then ALL week! I can't wait! with permanant 4 wheel drive (like the deuces etc) and diff locks it should be a real goer. ) AM I DONE NOW? errr not quite My M62 wrecker is prepped to go ..and collect an ex U.S. Army Airforce F350 ambulance.! that'l be two I own then!.. will take pics of that expedition...OH..and I woul dreali reali REALI like to have a "nice litlle unit.." like this..(to keep my M45 fire truck company (thats my excuse!)..a REAL wanit wanit wanit DREEEM..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ScQ6N4q4hM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzcDcehlU1Y

kieranjflynn

Acmat v l r a 420 sm.

YOU ARE NOW TO PROUD OWNER OF ONLY 16 ACMAT T C V s bought bt the IRISH army from 1984 to 1994.i own 2 i was a gunship in somalia 1993 the other a t c v . all were bought to tow 120 S.THEY ALSO BOUGHT WRECKERS AND SIGS/WORKSHOP VERSIONS . PICTURES ON WWW.IMVG.ORG. I KNOW 3 OF YOUR TRUCKS PREVIOUS OWNERS A GOOD EXAMPLE .WELL WEAR . KIERAN.

iatractor

This is what happens with the French try to breed an M35, M715, and swill it with some wine as an aphrodisiac. Product of the breeding experiment is something that can't be described, but might be practical. One of the first times the French came up with something worthwhile. Interesting to look at though. Googling around the net, the 4x4 version would be a beef of a pickup. Wonder how they stack up compared to a hummer?