• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"The Beast"

rmgill

I wanted to Put big UN letters on it as a joke and drive around but figured I'd get shot at..
One of the guys on the ferret list had a White UN marked ferret. (british army used them but did their patrols in UN white in some cases).

He eventually repainted it OD green to stop the people coming up and harassing him.

Barron

That's hilarious. It wouldn't be funny out here either. At least if I got shot at, I'd be in the right vehicle for it:beer:

dburt

Barron, you might want to explain to the folks who aren't familar with that neck of the woods about the section of interstate going southwest out of the Phoenix area where it is posted that you should not stop for any reason, and that you travel that section of highway at your own risk due to the smugglers and drug runners operating in that area. So it's not just urban 'problems' that plague LE in that area, it can be desert 'issues' that are well armed and shoot back. That truck is the perfect solution to some of the 'problems' that can show up down there!

Barron

Good Point dburt. South and west of the I-8, I-10 junction westward to Yuma 4' x 8' signs are posted on US soil, courtesy of the fed Govt, that the area is unsafe for hikers,bikers, motor vehicles, camping, recreating or being there for any reason in general. The govt, has basically ceded that portion of US soil to the drug cartels. Not a good place to be, especially at night.

Barron

The Mk VI is a 6 wheel version based on a russian URAL frame and engine/trans. It was done to reduce costs and was about 30% cheaper than mercedes. It's quite a bit faster.

I could only get this one to go 55kmh which isn't very fast. 5th is an overdrive, and the little mercedes gives up on the slightest incline in 5th.