• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

THE BEAUTIFUL BEAST Transmission problem

wiggall

THE BEAUTIFUL BEAST is a 1968 Kaiser-Jeep M35A2W/W. I can shift from second gear to third gear, then it jumps out of third gear, and I can not shift into third gear. I can shift up to forth, and fifth gear, I can shift down from fifth to forth gear, but I can not go from forth gear to third gear, I have to go down to second gear!

peashooter

I agree with Hummer Guy. I had a similar problem and it was the syncronizer. It was cheaper for me to put a used takeout transmission in than to replace the syncro.

Last edited:

Barrman

Yes to total replacement over fixing a broken transmission. At this time complete transmissions are still cheaper than parts and time to fix a broken one. I have 2 or 3 broken ones stored away waiting for the day I find another broken one with different broken parts inside.

All of our speculating and suggestions is useless until the thread starter gets eyes inside his transmission though. Also, if you have a winch. Make sure the PTO shifter is in neutral. Any other PTO location will cause shifting issues with the transmission.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks