• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The big trip and a new MV.

jking615

My stupid "smart" phone likes to change my words when I type. I did type in pyrometer (it just tried changing it this time to perimeter) originally. Anyway, thanks for the explanation of the device & purpose. Is it just a temp sending unit in the exhaust stack to dash meter?
You would be better off putting the sending unit into the exhaust manifold right before the turbo so that you can get more accurate numbers. Remember, all the energy it takes to spin the turbo actually cools off the gas a serious amount. I can actually touch my exhaust pipe down at the elbow without burning my skin off, but the temperatures at the manifold would melt my skin off. Those are the temps you are wanting to read. If its above 1000 degrees it is time to back off the slim petal and think about a down shift.