• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Bigg Green Triple AAA rides again

This time to save a M51 Tipper for our Pop. It was a beautiful day in southeastern Indiana . Met Dad at his house and then met Gimpy , Junkyardwarscrusher, an Todd {Code Red} Hailey at the seceret meeting place . Under normal conditions Andyindy would be along but his trailer went instead. Farm life calls you better be there Thank you for the use of the great trailer . So were off to the big town of Connersville . To pickup the newest addition 1962 IH m51 Tipper . 9:00 am already startin to get warm out and we just got here . Get set up for first attemp to load and the hoe wont push the beast up the ramps . So lets drag it up this fails as the chain breaks but never fear it was saved but the Gimpy safety chain WOW that was close . So as was suggested by members lets set up else were an try again after finding a nice lil draw it was decided to try there . Mind you they had 2 inches of rain yesterday wet city here. Get set for third atempt and worked like a charm. Slid that ole girl on like a charm . Strap her down guys while Pop, Todd an I go pickup the rest of the treasure Gimpy and Junkyard pull plugs and start soakin the engine. Once back we make one more chain check and start for home . Stoppin in L'burg to feed the crew and off for the farm . Now this didnt get filmed but it was a good ride a 5 ton will roll pretty good when shoved off a trailer got about 75 foot run . Once in the shop the gasser master mechanic took to the fender . Putting the distro cap back in place plug in the slave cable an presto she rolled over sweet GMM replaced the pluggs and we hit her again 3 spins and she hit . As she got more good fuel in he she smoothed out and sounded oh so sweet . Now that some serious Cubes under that hood . Topped off brake fluid an started pumping an we got peddle . I guess ya'll wanna see pics? Hummm well i guess i better post them. But before I do I wanna THANK MY DAD,GIMPY,JUNKYARDWARSCRUSHER AND CODE RED AND ANDYINDY . THANK YOU ALL ! ! ! ! ! ! :grd:

Attachments

Just a few more once again THANK YOU ALL I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER . :driver::beer::grd:

Attachments

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why didn't ya'll roll over that little yellow insect on the corner in that one picture?

Great job on a safe recovery!! That has the potential to be a a great truck!!!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That is a nice trailer.

Cool pics, thanks for taking the time to share them with us. :D

Nope i went to get other things found this after i got home from some good friends . What a great bunch of misfits we all are here and yet we all have loads of fun. It looks great in the shop the more ya piddle with it the more ya find that works on her 6 pack of WD40 so far and six tubes of grease. Surpriseingly no one got hurt in this thread even with Gimpy along. :grd: