• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The city is making me sell my truck.

davidkroberts

im beginning to wonder if i was fighting for freedom in the wrong country:roll:

Sorry to hear about your troubles, wish you were closer id let you store it with mine, but if you were closer you could probably keep it in your front yard and nobody would care.

when your values go up move before the stick you with that 10% additional tax.

M-37Bruce

im beginning to wonder if i was fighting for freedom in the wrong country:roll:

Sorry to hear about your troubles, wish you were closer id let you store it with mine, but if you were closer you could probably keep it in your front yard and nobody would care.

when your values go up move before the stick you with that 10% additional tax.
Same here, I've got some space and a barn that's only half full.

Last edited:

littlebob

I'm sorry for your dilema. The thing that bothers me most is the fact that the crazy laws that go against what our nation was founded on, start there and spread like an infection.

TexAndy

Find an open air storage place, man. Don't let the government win.

I had to stash one on the way back from a recovery because the engine doesn't stay very cool when the water pump isn't turning. Anyways... Storage ended up being like $25 for the first month and $30/mo every month afterward.

Or if nothing else, see if a fellow Steel soldier lives nearby and can hold it for you until you move.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was offered relocation and "house for house" to move from Texas to San Jose. I refused on the grounds of this very sort of thing. My boss who was from San Jose and had moved to TX, said he knew exactly what I meant.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The worst part about is that all of these crazy laws that are in CA slowly creap throughout the rest of the country. I live in TN and we are still fairly free but not as free as we once were.

Before I did anything I'd talk to a lawyer to see what your options are.

Crackerjax

cali just needs to go ahead and fall the heck off....whats a waste, their govt is dumb, the whole dang place blows.....I would move before I sell my stuff.... your home your land your truck.....

Last edited:

tm america

i would find a storage for it now while we spearhead a movement to have the gov officails voted out in that area .i can see the ad on tv now show some of our troops in afgan then in iraq then show our troops coming home to have thier mvs being towed from thier driveway even though it is properly plated and insured:roll: then it could say ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country then what your country will do to you with all the money you paid in taxes :evil:

tm america

they need to pass a your side of the fence law effective in every part of the country ...... it would jail anyone that complains about what someone else does on thier side of the fence .:roll:i bet they wont complain when the next earthquake hits and you are pulling a school buss full of kids out of a hole with your very nice looking deuce:?:

builder77sDad

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a truck muffler for Ethan's deuce (now mine). I don't know if that would have stopped your complaining neighbors, but it may reduce the noise level enough to be below the legal threshold for a fine.

jollyroger

This problem exists everywhere in our country. The problem is really two fold.

Some people just can't mind their own business and are bent on telling others what to do using the authorities to do it. The others that do mind their own business just want to be left alone and don't want to fight fire with fire.

The authorities end up abusing their powers through selective enforcement of the rules and regulations. Their only real power is to say no you can't. Their excuse is the first person to complain is in the right and the person that complains to defend themselves is merely doing so for sour grapes.

My family has been living this life for decades. :-(

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know where you are coming from, Brother. I kiss off $160 a month in RV storage lot fees for my 5 Ton just to avoid these sort of calamities.

I love looking at it out of my front window, but I always take it back to storage before night. I feel kind of restricted to when I can drive and work on it. Darn thing is I'm the one forking out the cash.

The neighbors have seen the truck and all seem to like it. I did get a kind of "hairy eyeball" from the local ex-hippy. He says to me, " Did you trade your other truck in:?:" My reply "Yeah, it was a cash for clunkers deal. I felt that carbon footprint wasn't big enough.:roll:"

NorthWoodsDuce

Same here... I can't park my truck @ my house because it is over 12,000 lbs. You can't park vehicles on your lawn either, however my neighbors have an old POS motor home parked next to their garage in the grass. Village response: "So?"

TexAndy

This problem exists everywhere in our country. The problem is really two fold.

Some people just can't mind their own business and are bent on telling others what to do using the authorities to do it. The others that do mind their own business just want to be left alone and don't want to fight fire with fire.

The authorities end up abusing their powers through selective enforcement of the rules and regulations. Their only real power is to say no you can't. Their excuse is the first person to complain is in the right and the person that complains to defend themselves is merely doing so for sour grapes.

My family has been living this life for decades. :-(
Amen.

This is why I prefer to live in the country and away from large population centers. The problem still exists, but to a much lesser degree.

I'm not sure what I'd do if some bureaucrat told me I wasn't allowed to park my truck on my own property. Probably kick myself for living in such a screwed up area run by tin pot dictators.

goldneagle

Same here... I can't park my truck @ my house because it is over 12,000 lbs. You can't park vehicles on your lawn either, however my neighbors have an old POS motor home parked next to their garage in the grass. Village response: "So?"
I had the same thing happen to me in NJ so I moved to Louisiana where I have property rights!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks