• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The city is making me sell my truck.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Same here... I can't park my truck @ my house because it is over 12,000 lbs. You can't park vehicles on your lawn either, however my neighbors have an old POS motor home parked next to their garage in the grass. Village response: "So?"
I can park the truck on the street for 48hrs on then 48hrs off. If it were 2 ft. shorter it wouldn't fall under this ordinance..."Large Vehicle". Driveways on your property don't fall under this ordinace...they're private property. However, my driveway is just barely wide enough for the truck, but I can't back it down the side of the house. It's way to narrow.

Weight is no issue because I am plating it "Historic Vehicle".

There are two neighbors on my block with RV's on their driveways and they never been sweated by the city.

Last edited:

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That movie truck rental guy "David W." must be right around there. He has plenty of trucks and I"m sure you could strike a deal to keep yours there. PM me for additional info if seriously interested.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now that I'm thinking about it...
did you contact antelope valley truck parts? Norman may be able to fix you up with storage also...unless you are **** bent on selling your stuff now.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see by your ebay pics you DO know Norm @ Antelope Valley (you've got one of his stickers on your drivers door). Well, good luck selling.

Brock Steel

Thanks Everyone for your words of encouragement, Norms trying to clean up his yard too.
I did sell them as a package deal to a nice guy in Rosemond Ca. He is very happy with her and I'm glad he took her. The Communist kountry of Loser Anglest won this round. But I'm not finished. Somewhere in this country is a place where a Man still has the right to Life, Liberty, And the pursuit of happiness. I just need to keep searching the internet for it.

jollyroger

Sorry you had to sell your truck. At least it went to a good home. Good luck in finding a reprieve from opression. Unless you have a thousand acres and your stuff is tucked away where nobody can see it inevitably someone will take offence and make some phone calls to somebody that will tell you no.......What happened to live and let live?

bassetdeuce

Good luck in finding a reprieve from opression. Unless you have a thousand acres and your stuff is tucked away where nobody can see it inevitably someone will take offence and make some phone calls to somebody that will tell you no.......What happened to live and let live?
I've never heard truer words spoken on this forum.

tractor

If I was you first thing I would do is call the media up and say I use the truck for veterans stuff and parades to honor our fallen soldiers which I do. Then say how un American the County is for taking away your freedoms

ironhorsethegeneral

before you sell try to find a storage place to store it. That is what we had to do for a few years. eventually we got our own place and was able to bring them home. if you really want to keep the truck it may cost a few dollars to store but it is worth it.

Heavysteven

I agree you should find a local spot to store it. Based on what I have read your truck should increase in value within the next year or so.

Last edited:

southdave

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. They don't teach this anymore in Ohio , probly havn't in Ca for 20 years. like your responsible for the 50% reduction in home prices LOL..

red

dont sell it, put it in a storage lot, rv storage would work. if you know anybody on a military base near you most bases have lots you can park trailers/rv's/extra vehicles for a CHEAP rate. that would work for as long as you need it to. maybe you can build a car port or a shed on your lot at a later date to cover the truck. i dont know the laws in cali but if the vehicle is covered and outta sight, legally (in most states) there is nothing wrong.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks