• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The collection is turning into a heard!

925a2Tim

So i was driving my 923 around in a car cruise weekend and when i stopped for a bite to eat a guy walks up to me and asks if I'm interested in a couple more trucks. I liked him right away. So I got a great deal (so good its worth the wrath of a non MV loving wife) on a pair of 923's. An A1 and an A2. That will make 4 in the driveway. When I brought my 2nd truck home someone told they they are herding creatures. How true.
Both are supposed to be in good running shape just with dead batteries. A1 is 500 miles away in NH and A2 is 350 away in CT but right on the way back to lower DE.
The plan is go to the far one put new batteries in it, check all fluids, give it a good once over and drive it to the closer one, hook up a tow bar and bring them both home together. The adventure starts on Friday.
Hopefully ends on Saturday maybe Sunday.
I've read many of the recovery stories here, both good and challenging. I hope this story falls into the good category. Bringing a chase truck with all the tools, tires, spare parts, filters, fuel etc...
I'll post pictures along the way.
Stay tuned........

925a2Tim

Made it home almost perfect. The a1 tossed a torque rod bushing about a mile from the driveway but got there. The a2 wasn't charging so I ran a little generator in the bed and battery charger to keep the lights on. On the plus side there was a new alternator in the storage box ready to go. It was just faster to hook up the charger. As a guess I think the a2 got 8 or 9 mpg, the a1 6 or 7. Does that sound about right?
While not a bad ride I an definitely going to look into better seating options!!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks