• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Command Car story WC56

Eric's hifim37

First off thank you all for the nice replies about my WC56,

When I was little I became indulged to someday own a Command Car, I grew up in the L.A. area and "back in the day" my family would go to Universal Studios. There on the "back lot" tour I saw a hurt looking Command Car, I would dream of getting it and fixing it up. Well I grew up and I still wanted a Command car but had to settle for the M37 "they used to be affordable" then when I first moved to Barstow I met a guy that said he had a Command car and I could have it, I was jazzed. Then I went to pick it up and it had been made into a Forklift :cookoo: and was a piece of dung but I brought it home anyway and stripped the usable parts off of it and kept them for 15 years. Then I came across the Command car in the pictures below and I could afford so I bought it. I was searching on the net one evening and there was a site that had a picture of the Universal studios back lot and would you believe it, it was the same Command Car I saw as a kid ! and to make it better it needed a new cowl and I had one from the wreck I brought home 15 years prior ! So the last picture is the same Command car after I worked my @ss off on it for 2 years, I am going to tear it down to restore it here soon.

Pretty cool story I think, but I now have my Command Car and I digg it ;)

Eric..

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
No pics of the fork lift mod?! I love to see pics of the "bubba hacks". Your MV is awesome. I would be afraid to drive it.

Eric's hifim37

Thanks for the repies !

I found these pictures the other day, I am having trouble with my computer so I'll post more pictures as I can. My C/C looks better in pictures than in person right now, I need to take it compltely down so I can repair it correctly. Right now I am having as much fun as I can with it due to it will be apart probally a couple of years when I restore it. I am in the "obtaining parts" stage so as I get a nice part I install it so when I have enough stuff I'll do it. I do things this way to keep it affordable for me, besides I will get all the driving out of my system so I won't miss it to much while it is torn down.

Eric..

Attachments

Eric's hifim37

Awe, Sharp eye. As I stated prior I am going to restore this vehicle and I had semi OD on my shielf so I woundn't want to waste the proper O.D. when sand blasting is around the corner,

It does look great in the semi though, :driver:

Eric..