• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The coolest thing happened...

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, I posted pics of my 5 ton on a local truck club fb page and gave a little history of the truck (that it belonged to a combat support hospital.)

A local man messaged me and asked which unit, so I sent him pics of the front bumper.

He was in that unit with my truck! He just came by and visited and told me stories about the truck and its time in Desert Storm.

He was thrilled to see the truck and kind of in awe at the shape its in, loved the color and add ons (convoy lights etc)...

He's going to reach out to some other members of his unit and see of any of them still have maintenance records etc from the truck.

Mr. Terry and Big Bertha
20211210_134713.jpg

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So, I posted pics of my 5 ton on a local truck club fb page and gave a little history of the truck (that it belonged to a combat support hospital.)

A local man messaged me and asked which unit, so I sent him pics of the front bumper.

He was in that unit with my truck! He just came by and visited and told me stories about the truck and its time in Desert Storm.

He was thrilled to see the truck and kind of in awe at the shape its in, loved the color and add ons (convotly lights etc)...

He's going to reach out to some other members of his unit and see of any of them still have Mai tenancy records etc from the truck.

Mr. Terry and Big Bertha
View attachment 852839
That is GREAT!
Getting to meet with one of your truck's passengers or driver is SUPER COOL!

DaneGer21

He was thrilled to see the truck and kind of in awe at the shape its in, loved the color and add ons (convotly lights etc)...

He's going to reach out to some other members of his unit and see of any of them still have Mai tenancy records etc from the truck.

Mr. Terry and Big Bertha
View attachment 852839
What color black is that? Paint code?

Thanks!

dmetalmiki

Sometimes 'stuff we served with' turns up in sales...
I am so fortunate (so is the truck!).
That I retrieved an M45 530C TFFT form an airbase were we used to go look at one of the older fire trucks in service.
Latterly disposed by tranfer to the RASC, ( royal army service corps ).
I bought it at British disposal site.
I rebuilt over many years...My son added a turbo..goes and sounds like a train..(Nay, two trains!).
It is 110% functional.
It is the fastest and most powerful truck in my fleet.
(( diving tha truck at speed through..town or village..((( Is better than....( ohhhh you guessed it..S..))))))!.

Attachments

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a great story. I would love to run into to someone who served with my truck and get some first hand knowledge of its history and hear their stories. The closest I've come to that is meeting a guy at a car show whose MOS and training was to drive M813s at the same base (I think) that my truck came from.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks