• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The data port on the right side of steering wheel ( mines gray) what scanner is needed to hookup for scan?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was wondering would the obd ll scanners read at this port on a 1997 1083 ? And the round plug on left side of steering wheel i assume its a military only scanner port?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The plug on the left is an older style ste ice diag port. The pinout is available online. Its just for basic measurements. The grey plug on the right is wtec2 diagnostics. Its an older style interface. You would need a nexiq code reader with allison card or a computer with allison doc and an interface to communicate with the trans control.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The plug on the left is an older style ste ice diag port. The pinout is available online. Its just for basic measurements. The grey plug on the right is wtec2 diagnostics. Its an older style interface. You would need a nexiq code reader with allison card or a computer with allison doc and an interface to communicate with the trans control.
So the gray data port is just for the transmission . Ok i dont have any of the equip you listed so i will leave that alone. lol Thanks

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It does seem a bit archaic but you’re right it is free so can’t complain about that if it works. Guess I would need a cable though that can connect somehow.
If the cable isn't with it that might be tough to come up with. You might contact NexIQ but 20+ year old diagnostic tool parts may be obsolete or they have to visit the basement and it's scary down there.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These come up fairly often and they work great. I don't think I would spend $75 on a cable - if you watch these on ebay you can likely find one for around $200. They don't have software with them but if you get one you can send me a thumb drive and I have all the software for these kits.

The software works absolutely fine on Windows 10 and the wired connection is very reliable. More so than the later wireless V3 SWICE kits in my experience.

Mavcaster

These come up fairly often and they work great. I don't think I would spend $75 on a cable - if you watch these on ebay you can likely find one for around $200. They don't have software with them but if you get one you can send me a thumb drive and I have all the software for these kits.

The software works absolutely fine on Windows 10 and the wired connection is very reliable. More so than the later wireless V3 SWICE kits in my experience.
Oh wow ok that sounds like the most reliable method most likely and very generous of you! Then I would just always have the kit in case something else pops up also.

The software you have and with this kit, would I be able to read parameters like HEUI pump desired/actual pressures real time, etc?

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh wow ok that sounds like the most reliable method most likely and very generous of you! Then I would just always have the kit in case something else pops up also.

The software you have and with this kit, would I be able to read parameters like HEUI pump desired/actual pressures real time, etc?
Yes. You can use CAT ET to read all engine parameters in real time. You can also change things like the cruise control enable speed if you would like to add cruise to your truck. You can program the CTIS controllers, talk to every module like the ABS, Transmission computer, etc. The drivers for the DPA-III just expose it as a J1939 protocol device in windows and any software that can handle that will work with it. These kits will do much much more also - the box acts as a DMM and you can take readings right on your laptop with it.

For what the are going for..... the demil stickers claim the Army paid over $11,000 for them. When you see the construction of them you'll believe it too. They are an incredible value given their build quality.

Mavcaster

Yes. You can use CAT ET to read all engine parameters in real time. You can also change things like the cruise control enable speed if you would like to add cruise to your truck. You can program the CTIS controllers, talk to every module like the ABS, Transmission computer, etc. The drivers for the DPA-III just expose it as a J1939 protocol device in windows and any software that can handle that will work with it. These kits will do much much more also - the box acts as a DMM and you can take readings right on your laptop with it.

For what the are going for..... the demil stickers claim the Army paid over $11,000 for them. When you see the construction of them you'll believe it too. They are an incredible value given their build quality.
well dang “add to cart”!

Can I get a copy of the software? I just recently purchased this kit for my hmmwv.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks