• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Deuce and Truck Weight Stations

WPNS421

Be smart, I have a personal Volvo rig and I stop everytime the lights flash, the fines can be heavy and most times they will flag you through.

jwaller

In SC the signs say "ALL TRUCKS". I stopped in yesterday to ask a few questions and got the answer that if your GVWR is over 10,001 then you better pull in.

Jake0147

In SC the signs say "ALL TRUCKS". I stopped in yesterday to ask a few questions and got the answer that if your GVWR is over 10,001 then you better pull in.

This is what I get when I read the CFR on the subject. I'm not a lawyer though... Add to that, sometimes state agencies are sent out to enforce federal rules, sometimes state rules, sometimes rules specific to specific classes of vehicles, and they won't touch the rest. When IRS set up here a couple years ago, they did not have ANY special signage, but they wanted every diesel truck to pull in, and went after the ones that did not, took their sample and left stern warning that even pickups (well, some pickups) have to pull in any time it says "all trucks"...

I have a philosiphy on this-
The law is the law, period. You may be right. But the fight may be more costly in both time and money than the fine is.

Option one- You pull in, and they are slightly annoyed (but probably not at all annoyed) that you pulled in based on the "all trucks" thing and wasted their time since the inspection of the day is S-cam adjustment or something similar.
In the worst case they are slightly annoyed as they explain to you that you do not need to stop for them and you should be on your way...
Option two- You drive by, and one of them gets a whim to find out who you are and what you are up to. Even though you didn't qualify for whatever they're inspecting for, you are now in the position of explaining to a ticked off LEO who just chased you down that his inspection doesn't pertain to you and he should be on his way...

There is only one law, and therefore only one right answer to any given situation, but I can see two distinctly different outcomes here...

BugEyeBear

Just get a black Trans Am to run ahead of you as Blocker to distract all the "bears" at the weigh stations.
Then you can sail right through without any thought of stopping! (Unless, of course, you come across a "Frog" in a wedding dress at the side of the road...) :driver:

"East bound & down, loaded up & truckin', we gon' do what they say can't be done. We got a long way to go, & a short time to get there...."

(Of course I'm just kidding...)

(One of my favorites from the 70's...)

Last edited:

hook7800

i never stop and have never been stopped and if you do run red fuel put about 2 gallons of used motor oil in it then it wil be black not red

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks