• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

the Deuce market

JAsher45

well this weekend was a bitter sweet weekend for me. We had to get all of our M35a2's up to 10-20 standard load all BII and turn them in so we can get our new trucks. hate to see them go but that just means that they will be heading out on to the auction blocks in the near future. Many of them are good trucks seen lots of mile this past spring with hauling supplies for the floods. So just a lil heads up and keep your eyes open

JAsher45

no All trucks had to be mission ready at turn in. they were actual functioning part of our unit.. just be a matter of time til get get our replacement LMTV's

xm708

m35

If they made them mission ready that probably means they won't hit the auction block they are probably going to another country. Or somebody has an idea for them.

EdMontana

Re: m35

xm708 said:
If they made them mission ready that probably means they won't hit the auction block they are probably going to another country. Or somebody has an idea for them.
You just nailed in the head! the good stuff will not go to GL....

Re: m35

EdMontana said:
xm708 said:
You just nailed in the head! the good stuff will not go to GL....

:ditto: but maybe we get lucky our government has been known to make a mistake or 2 :wink:

poppop

RE: Re: m35

I may not have my facts straight but this is what I heard about the trucks on the same sale as the one I got my Duece from. My duece was a normal one, meaning older paint and no cover or bows. But the other 12 on the sale had new paint, new cab covers, and new cargo covers. The story I was told on base was they were returned from the present conflict, sent to depot rebuild, and then straight to DRMO. That may not be true, but I saw most of these trucks when I picked up mine and they were SWEET. But because of all these lovely ladies, I got my ugly Betty for $1240.00 plus fees. The fuel tank was empty but with batts and fuel she started right up, had a brand new cab cover, and was only missing the alternator

Adamlee

JAsher45 said:
well this weekend was a bitter sweet weekend for me. We had to get all of our M35a2's up to 10-20 standard load all BII and turn them in so we can get our new trucks. hate to see them go but that just means that they will be heading out on to the auction blocks in the near future. Many of them are good trucks seen lots of mile this past spring with hauling supplies for the floods. So just a lil heads up and keep your eyes open
Hey Josh, good to see you're around - how's duty stateside in Iowa treating you? Your unit's been working during the flood season? Back earlier this summer, my mom's hometown, Charles City, got pretty flooded...it even destroyed the old suspension bridge (or whatever that was called)....did you partake of any Cedar River flood cleanup?

About the deuces, I have not been holding my breath on this, but as I am in the VA state guard (VA Defense Force) I was deployed to southern virginia this past weekend in anticipation of Hurricane Hannah. While our unit and elements of another brigade were working together setting up mobile command posts, a discussion rose up from division-level officers that our local line companies were due to receive "a bunch of trucks" - they specifically said deuces - that we should expect several trucks per company.

Now, seeing as we don't have ANY tactical vehicles in our all-volunteer inventory, that sure would be grand....I saw a number of M35A3's this weekend down at Fort Pickett while we worked alongside units of the 116th IBCT.....and a couple very cool m917A2 or A3 dump trucks (engineers markings)....I could handle it if a few M35A3's made it into our inventory at the Manassas armory.....I wonder if the state defense forces are starting to get some stuff finally?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks