• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

the difference in 8, 12 and 24 bolt rims?

Darwin T

Ok, i can't afford a HMMWV. i am looking at trailers that use the same wheels. do all 3 have 8 lug nuts? is the 8, 12 and 24 about the bolts that hold the rims together? i am looking for runflat HMMWV tires and wheels that will fit an M101a2 or M101a3 trailer. :drool: another question is there and 8 lug nut dually rims with runflats that will fit a M1028?

while i was in seach reading up i could not find the answers to my questions.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yes, all 8 lugs for the hub. Yes 8,12,24 are referring to the bolts that hold them together. You DON'T WANT THE 8 BOLT WHEELS.

Darwin T

what confused me was i saw some tires and wheels with runflats for sale yesterday, and i can't find them today, that said 8 bolt but the picture was 12 bolt rims with 8 lug nut holes. then my stupid came out, i started searching and could not find the answer. i want tires for my trailer that i can drive without worry of a tire falure causing the trailer to do something other that rubber side down. i dought i need 24 bolt rims for an M101a2 or M101a3. the M101a1 is the 5 bolt, correct? i have 3 deuces and the one M1028a2/3. i have studdied the M105 trailers and think i know enought about them to get me in trouble, but these M101's got me messed up.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have a M101A2, use the same tires/ wheels as the M1028.
If you have an M101A3...those are normally Humvee tires..37", on 8 lug, 12 bolt rims and expensive, hard to balance, and heavy.

Darwin T

If you have a M101A2, use the same tires/ wheels as the M1028.
If you have an M101A3...those are normally Humvee tires..37", on 8 lug, 12 bolt rims and expensive, hard to balance, and heavy.
thanks, i don't know if the dually rims would fit a a2 though. an if they do where do you find M1028a2/3 dually rims. i have not seen those floating around, and i look for spare parts daily.

Attachments

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also note that the Humvee wheels will not fit on an A2 axle due to wheel offset. (unless put on inside out)
The A3 axle is wider WMS to WMS.

The dually wheels are standard commercial dually wheels. I've never seen a 2 piece one. (for a runflat insert)

I'm running 235/85R16's Load Range E on my M101A2.
Same size I have on the back of my dually.

Attachments

Last edited:

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The A2 trailer wheels are standard Chevy 8 lug wheels as on all 1 ton and 3/4 ton pickups up to 1987 and 1 1/4 ton CUCV's 1984-1987.

Darwin T

Also note that the Humvee wheels will not fit on an A2 axle due to wheel offset. (unless put on inside out)
The A3 axle is wider WMS to WMS.

The dually wheels are standard commercial dually wheels.

I'm running 235/85R16's Load Range E on my M101A2.
Same size I have on the back of my dually.
works out great mine is a 1984 M1028 dually. however if the axles are like the M105a2's vs the M105a3's i probably won't be able to run dually rims on either one. but i could run the same size tire on a standard rim, to use in a pinch. do the a3's have the same bolt pattern. on the M105a3's the axle is wider but so is the bed and the tires have less backspace. nobody makes a 2 piece dually with this bolt pattern?

Nonotagain

There are old 16" dually wheels that are two piece wheels.

The 16.5" wheel was designed to be a tubeless tire only wheel from the start, so in answer to your question, you won't find any 16.5" dually wheels that are factory Dodge, GM, or Ford wheels.

Lots of old 1970's era F-350 16" wheels in junk yards.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks