• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

the Different 6.2 intakes

JAsher45

does anyone know of any preformance difference in the intake on the CUCV intake versus the one on the HMMWV 6.2/6.5 the only tow things that i can see that are different is the CUCV design has two ports for the CRD valve lines and the intake is about 1.5 inches taller with taller runners.. my guess is for the air filter housing clearence. i was just curious if there was any performance difference between the two. I may have to do some after hours testing with my 6.5 dyno queen .

Westech

CPL
one is a single plain and one is a dual. Really there should be little to no difference in power. A diesel just sucks air and there is no fuel in the intake, so really not too much if anything.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is certainly more power to be gained by doing air cleaner mods over intake mods.

jwaller

the taller the intake or larger the intake volume "should" give a bump up in torque. The hmmwv intake is short bc the cucv one wont fit under the windshield of the hmmwv.

JAsher45

yeah i would have to agree with the longer runners giving a bit more Torque and grunt. We have a "detuned" 6.5 dyno queen at the shop that we try out different things on to test... pumps.. heads.. ect the engines base line HP and TQ at WOT was 260 FT/lbs 170HP @3600 the same engine with a hand lap job on the valves and some pocket polishing opened it up to 280ft/lbs and 185hp @3600... you could really hear the engine breath with the reworked heads on it.. so it sounds like something i will have to test and see

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks