• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The DMV is convinced my M1031 is a Dodge?

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
I changed ins. co. they first had my M35a2 as a "american motors " and a "grimlim". Got it all straightened out but they said it would have been covered. I think I should have left it alone. It was cheaper.

jmassenga

Took me 6 months of fighting with the insurance people before they decided that my M1008 was not a "S10 Blazer Sport". Ended up parking out front and inviting them to inspect the vehicle and the vin before they believed me...

Jake0147

That is because the way the VIN's are set upin DMV databases the trucks get listed as a D30 Postal unit.

Evidently whoever set up the DMV VIN system assumed all trucks purchased by the .gov would be for the post office, so any truck with a VIN coded as a Federal purchase automatically gets tagged as a postal unit.

That's funny that they should do that, I'm not aware of any state in which the Post Office registers it's vehicles with anybody outside of the post office?

ryan77

I got my title for my m1028a2 or they call k30 postal the darn vin was wrong on the title and the make, it said gmc not chevrolet i had to get a form from the dmv and have a police officer fill it out go back to the dmv and do the title again and explain its not a mail truck!!! Dealing with the dmv in Illinois is about as fun as going to the dentist for a root canal!!!