• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The downside of fixing up a parts truck

littlebob

Trying to clean all the extra gunk off the deuce to paint it, and found something else to fix. The lower dog bone on the front drivers side is coming apart. Anybody have an idea of the best place to get another one? Anybody had them repaired?

Attachments

dabtl

I just bought ten from Saturn. At $38.50 each for the ends, cheapest around that I could find.

It will take a press to remove and replace them from the dog bones.

There were around 200 complete torque bars in the auction at Ft. Sill. They went for about $70 a piece. I was outbid at $75. I think, just a guess really, that TNJ Murray got them.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Littlebob, note that there are 2 different design of bars. Funtionally the same but appear different. Your's have the round bars where most of the trucks out there have them shaped like an I beam. Didn't know of you wanted them all to appear the same. My 53 Stude tipper has the round ones but the 53 Stude crane has I beams as a result of replacement.

hole

Brother Will came over to help me get the old girl ready for the Tehachapi trip next week, found that 8 of 12 ends should be replaced including one of the uppers had come off completely already :shock: We've got our work cut out for us this weekend !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks