• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Ever so common "Do I need a CDL" thread

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought like lawyer too when I got my B. Nothing worse than getting caught with your proverbial pants down in a court of law.

I have trained experience operating large vehicles, i.e. railroad equipment with Union Pacific, M1 and M60 tanks and other various military vehicles during active and national guard duty. Operating my truck just fell into place.

I did self train. Poured over the manuals and drove with a neighbor who had been an over-the-road driver. When I tested, I rented a brand new Freightliner 33K lb. flatbed with air brakes and manual transmission to ensure I had no restrictions. The med card is no biggee. It keeps me going to my check-ups.

Erring on this side of caution = peace of mind.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks