• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The final job for the wrecker

FarmerRob

Just sold my wrecker on eGhey and it is on it's way to a new home, but not without living up to its name and wrecking something! The truck they sent to get it was an aluminum step-deck flatbed with about a 10' beavertail on the back. After asking both the driver and his dispatcher multiple times if they realized just how heavy this truck is, I drove it onto the trailer... and broke off the beavertail. Haha! rofl

Being the nice guy I am, I kindly fired up the boom, hooked up to the back half of his trailer and lifted it back into place for him. The aftermath is pictured below. People really need to know the limitations of their equipment. ;)

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's hilarious. Have you found a tractor trailer rig yet to replace it?

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why on earth would the driver not have seen the bulk and blocked the end of the tail??? Unbelievable.

Sorry to hear you have left the 'wrecker' club!

FarmerRob

That's hilarious. Have you found a tractor trailer rig yet to replace it?
I'm still waiting for Westech to PM me back. Do you have his phone number or e-mail address? I found another truck in Ohio but I would like to help out a member first, if I can.

Why on earth would the driver not have seen the bulk and blocked the end of the tail??? Unbelievable.
Funny... that's exactly what the driver said after it happened. "I guess I should have blocked up the tail." Lol.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
watch shipping wars on TV, blocking something or knowing the capabilities of equipment are not requirements for the job

Made for TV Morons. (The people on the show, not the ones watching.)

;-)

Gunzy

New this fall on a station near you, "Snail Races". Watch in awe and anticipation as these professional athletes show their amazing feats of speed, or not.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They actually have a show on TV about shipping stuff?

WOW, what is next watching paint dry wars? LOL

It is more about the stupidity of the drivers as they bid on loads through UShip.com and usually realize they can't do it and then cob something together. I watched the first season when Jared was driving a load with no plates or insurance or something like that and got a string of tickets.

One guy ran his tractor low on oil. They wonder why hard rubber tires for cement don't work on wet grassy hills. It is one thing after another.

jasonjc

It is more about the stupidity of the drivers as they bid on loads through UShip.com and usually realize they can't do it and then cob something together. I watched the first season when Jared was driving a load with no plates or insurance or something like that and got a string of tickets.

One guy ran his tractor low on oil. They wonder why hard rubber tires for cement don't work on wet grassy hills. It is one thing after another.
Jared now has a old chuch bus with DOT numbers, yet is hauling for hire.?. He broke down last night and put him self on Uship as a load, but listed himself as a tractor. It was funny.