• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The First Modification To Your Deuce

What is the first modification that you will make to your Deuce?

• Bob It!

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Put a muffler on it!

Votes: 38 24.7%
  • Super Single It!

Votes: 29 18.8%
  • New Seats!

Votes: 13 8.4%
  • Locking Hubs

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Paint it up!

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • Other. Please Explain

Votes: 23 14.9%

• Total voters

asgtoolman

After picking up my bobbed deuce from J Winslow today and driving it home [206 miles in 90 degree + sunny weather], some of my priorities changed order----ADD FLOOR AND FIREWALL INSULATION AND SEAL UP ALL HOLES IN FIREWALL--AND--CHANGE OUT DRIVERS SEAT!!!!!!
BTW-- all systems worked GREAT--Thanks Pete and John--the only problem was trying to crack the windshield open a few clicks to get some "air-conditioning" and getting a face and mouth full of sanblasting sand that had settled in the defroster ducts and got sucked out by the 60 mile an hour wind coming thru the windshield.
I had carried a car full of tools with me, but only had to use a 7/16" wrench to adjust the rearview mirrors!!!!!!
:D:D:DNot a bad day at all!!!:D:D:D

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
seth_o, no i did not do any write up as i recall. basically i removed the pedal assy and master cyl and everything related to it. that freed up a lot of room underneath. i mounted the brake pedal assy from a 900 series on the firewall and the entire clutch hyd system from a UD box truck (nissan). fluid res on front of firewall. bracket for slave cyl in place of the original pedal mounting. you can push the clutch in with one finger.

tom

Attachments

Lesli

I'm trying to make a deal on a M35A3 winch truck. The first Mods will be in this order.
1. I have a 24v Sepson 16,000 pound rated winch to mount to the rear end.
2. Sure Power Industries 24/12v, 100amp Battery Equalizer and fuse block for 12v Stereo and accessories.
3. 24v KC HID lights mounted on the front bumper.

Steve1031

Seats were my first mod. I even was able to use the factory threaded hole/nuts. The coolest part was the military seatbelts plugged right in to the receptical on the seats! Notice how they tilt forward, making it easy to put stuff behind seats. They also have the cool arm rests. They are leather and from a 99 Dodge Caravan. They are the second row seats.

Attachments

asgtoolman

Steve; thanks for the pics and the info on Caravan seats--A GREAT ADDITION!!!! Wish I had known of these earlier.
Are they adjustable at all? [forward/back--up/down]

Last edited:

Steve1031

They dont move at all. They do recline, but in the deuce it is like one notch and thats it. I bought the Deuce to keep for a while, so I set it up for me. I mounted the passenger seat a bit more forward, so the seat reclines a couple of notches (so the lil woman will be comfy)

dabtl

The first thing I did was to use cranetruck's turn signal electrical protector. No more failed flashers!

Then I put on the jatonka spin on adapters, oil first and then the fuel so soon as they were available.

I finished the second deuce lock out hubs this last Fall.

A

A/C Cages

Am I the only one who is leaving the Deuce alone and the only mod Im doing is filling the back of it up with bikini clad women?

Hey, everyone else here is dreaming so why cant I?

jatonka

Spin On oil filter adaptors for anti drain back oil filters to reduce the time to oil pressure at start up. No other modification can do as much to save your engine. All the rest is glitz and conveinience. JT out

OldDominionIron2

Since I repainted my deuce back to original color, I don't consider it a modification. My first mod is installing a jeep heater under the dash and plumbing it into the coolant system. A cup holder is next.

spicergear

On what is my current crane truck- when I first got it it was a stock WO/W A2 truck. My starter went bad so my first modification was to pull the starter motor (engine still attached) and replace it with an 1160 V8 225hp CAT. I really hate working on starters. :lol:

Last edited:

Scooteerr

Well, here's my list of what I will do

1. Spin on oil filters w/anti drain back for longer engine life

2. Comfortable waterproof Seat on a springer base (waterproof cus' I just know I'm accidentally leave the top off when it's guna rain)

3. Center console (w/cup holders) made out of large ammo can

4. Dome light, Clarence lights, and flood lights

5. 395's

And money to do it all...