• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The GOER is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry to read this, the Goer is timewise, a cousin to the Mover (M656 series) and the Goat from the golden sixties. Were you able to save any parts from her?

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OMG!!!! Papabear, you call yourself a MV enthusiast?!? And you scrap something this rare in civilian hands? I just dropped you down several rungs on the respectability list!

How many GOERS are in civilian hands? I have never heard of another one. I'm sure there are a few out there somewhere, but how many wreckers with serial number 1? Now there are none!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OMG!!!! Papabear, you call yourself a MV enthusiast?!? And you scrap something this rare in civilian hands? I just dropped you down several rungs on the respectability list!

How many GOERS are in civilian hands? I have never heard of another one. I'm sure there are a few out there somewhere, but how many wreckers with serial number 1? Now there are none!
I don't call myself anything and not being respected by someone I never met is not something I will lose sleep over.

I took what I consider extraordinary measures to save the GOER and extended time lines several times to allow interested parties a chance to see what they could do.

It's easy to sit back and take cheap shots at someone I guess but I was the one that had to make the decision.

I know EXACTLY what I had and EXACTLY what I was doing when I made the decision to scrap her. It was not made lightly.

Thank you anyway for your valuable critique.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I woulda stored it for you if space was an issue...

Course I'd probably also end up in jail from "test driving" it around where I live.

So what's going to fill it's space? Some armor? Or if space is a premium you need a bobber.rofl

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor

:deadhorse: I think papabear made a good effort to save the GOER.

What did YOU do to try and save it?

Last edited:

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't remember seeing it for sale in the classified ads here. Was it? It's hard to believe somebody here would not have bought it for scrap price if it came to that or it going through the shredder.

combat32

I understand and respect your decision, I am sure it was a tough one to make I would love to have one sittin in my backyard but it's just not possible.We do what we can but you can't save them all.

saddamsnightmare

June 14th, 2012.

Dear Papabear:

I can see where you sit, and I feel for you. The truth is, most museums are a great deal of talk with little or no $$$$ to back them up. I loaned a 1955 PRR/PC/CR GP-9 locomotive to a museum group that went defunct when I was on furlough one year. I did not have the $40.00 per mile to move her to a new home (189 miles). The consequence, she is the only Penn Central painted GP9 in Larry's Truck & Electric yard in Ohio. I had the chance for them to sell her to the Winchester & Western in Va. who would have restored her to service, but the pig headed beggars wouldn't take the money. Moral of the story, as in museums, as in gabling, trust no one until you see the money on the table.

At lleast the NKP 479 cabin car and a 1944 Weirton Steel Also S-1/S-2 made it to other homes...

So gentlemen, the adage from the railroad still holds true:"Money talks and B--lsh-t walks". Simple, easy to remember. You may use it for free.:whistle:

Have a good day, and Papabear, you know the good you have done, it will overbalance any other issues in your account. Thanks for everything,

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial

PB did everything in his power to save it, offered it here to anyone that would buy it, offered to any museum that would take it FREE, at some point you need to cut your losses, buying CAT parts FROM CAT is like increasing the NATIONAL DEBT. and that is what it would have taken to put the GOER back together. We ALL have tears because of this, ( I wanted it when AMG had it but no money), but saying you lack RESEPCT for MR. PB. for this, is a bunch of crap, I would guess PB just about had tears when he HAD to do what he had to do.

Let me tell you RESPECT is earned not given, MR. PB has EARNED the RESPECT that is aimed at him, His MVing is way down on the list for the reasons for this RESPECT, What you said was a INSULT to a MAN you do NOT even KNOW as well as to ALL those that KNOW MR. PB.
I have NO RESPECT for ANYONE that runs there mouth that DOES NOT NO what they are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks