• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My project is not going as well as I had hoped. Truck is fine but I have no direction and all of my months of planning were all for not. First thing I wanted to do was pressure wash it inside outside and underneath and 1/2 way thru pressure washer is dead ☠. I have been looking at new ones and it’s 900 to 1200 for one that will last and have enough pressure to clean in a reasonable amount of time. I wanted to do all the maintenance and fix the few issues I have and that’s going ok but I’m waiting on parts. I got a few parts from eastern and I thought I paid for new parts but I got used stuff on a couple of items that don’t really matter. I also ordered 2 rear seat trays from them and I about shit when he said 44.00 for shipping. I needed them and I said ok. They arrived today and one is so beautiful and the other not so much. I don’t know what they expect you to do with it like it is. I was going to strip it down to bare bones and have my buddy paint it gloss black everywhere and maybe add some cobalt blue to make it so black you can see dead people in it. The camo is starting to grow on me and I just might keep it. I wouldn’t have to worry about painting my X-Doors and it will save me months of my time and probably 5,000 dollars.27972C62-15A4-4644-A86F-26DB2AA46189.jpeg120E995C-F93D-4B20-A545-2B1439624589.jpeg

Last edited:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My project is not going as well as I had hoped. Truck is fine but I have no direction and all of my months of planning were all for not. First thing I wanted to do was pressure wash it inside outside and underneath and 1/2 way thru pressure washer is dead ☠. I have been looking at new ones and it’s 900 to 1200 for one that will last and have enough pressure to clean in a reasonable amount of time. I wanted to do all the maintenance and fix the few issues I have and that’s going ok but I’m waiting on parts. I got a few parts from eastern and I thought I paid for new parts but I got used stuff on a couple of items that don’t really matter. I also ordered 2 rear seat trays from them and I about shit when he said 44.00 for shipping. I needed them and I said ok. They arrived today and one is so beautiful and the other not so much. I don’t know what they expect you to do with it like it is. I was going to strip it down to bare bones and have my buddy paint it gloss black everywhere and maybe add some cobalt blue to make it so black you can see dead people in it. The camo is starting to grow on me and I just might keep it. I wouldn’t have to worry about painting my X-Doors and it will save me months of my time and probably 5,000 dollars.View attachment 842456View attachment 842457
absolutley typical of Eastern surplus, wait till you try and return something. Not sure why you aren’t shopping with
OEM vendors such as HPG and Kascar. As far as pressure washers, I’ve been running my Home Depot washer for years, cost like $275.00

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
absolutley typical of Eastern surplus, wait till you try and return something. Not sure why you aren’t shopping with
OEM vendors such as HPG and Kascar. As far as pressure washers, I’ve been running my Home Depot washer for years, cost like $275.00
I have used those venders for other stuff but I didn’t see the seat trays for sale on there site. I didn’t have any knowledge on who to use for what and I’m starting to figure it out. I really like Mac Motors and Kascar HPG was really good also.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My gauges are so bad I can’t see the needles hardly so I thought what have I got to lose and I sprayed a little brake cleaner on a rag and wiped them down and then I hit them with metal polish and they are 100% better and pics don’t do it justice. I also touched up my light control so I can see the words. 5B18D9A4-11C5-4035-9EC1-20490ACF60C6.jpeg5A3C10F1-2F67-4B39-B0B4-7E280BEF4860.jpeg0AF79AA3-18AA-4DFB-B419-659AA23548A7.jpeg67276632-AB49-49D4-8FC6-A216FBD7C020.jpeg19003DF2-83A8-4F3D-B09E-D25DDD679E9D.jpeg

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ordered a new C-pillar from Mac Motors. I bought a kit and I thought it was a oem kit and it was not and the quality was not good. I have zero confidence that the height or anything else is right and I was thinking to build a hard top using the soft top c-pillar. If for nothing else to establish the angle and height of it. I have wasted a lot of time and money just not knowing where to shop and google search doesn’t always show the places you need to shop. I figured out how to order from AMG on my iPad so I will be ordering my windshields soon. I need to adjust my a-pillar also, when I took the truck side rail off it came in about 5/8” and just enough pressure to make the 4 man rail not happy. Waiting on well nuts from Mac before I try it again. Any tips would be appreciated.

Alexandninasdad

I bought Parts at Eastern Surplus and got the Wrong parts twice> the second shipment also wrong AFTER I SENT MY OLD PART AS A SAMPLE. The Company's INDEED Employee Reviews are very revealing. Management is clearly the issue. SECO Parts will get all my Business here on out

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought Parts at Eastern Surplus and got the Wrong parts twice> the second shipment also wrong AFTER I SENT MY OLD PART AS A SAMPLE. The Company's INDEED Employee Reviews are very revealing. Management is clearly the issue. SECO Parts will get all my Business here on out
Isn't SECO the company that got fined recently for selling Chinese knock off parts to the government claiming they were genuine?

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Isn't SECO the company that got fined recently for selling Chinese knock off parts to the government claiming they were genuine?
I believe that’s possible based on my personal experience and the garage full of parts I refuse to put on my truck.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
found it
They are doing the same thing to the public also. I don’t trust anything that comes from them. I’m sure they have some good stuff but it needs to be disclosed that’s it’s aftermarket. 950.00 life lesson that I could have done without.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are doing the same thing to the public also. I don’t trust anything that comes from them. I’m sure they have some good stuff but it needs to be disclosed that’s it’s aftermarket. 950.00 life lesson that I could have done without.
I agree. Anyone who would knowingly violate a government contract and potentially put the lives of our soldiers at risk, just to make a buck, wouldn't think twice about doing it to the general public.

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been buying parts mostly from MacMotors and Kascar (Real4wd) recently. So far I'm pretty happy with the results and the parts I've gotten seem "real". (I wouldn't call them "cheap" though.)

I did buy my 2-man arctic top from Eastern Equipment. It was exactly as advertised and cost what I was willing to pay. (One of the rear windows was cracked, but it was clearly NEW OLD STOCK, and had not been opened since it was originally packaged. So I do NOT blame them about the cracked window.)

Early on I did buy some parts from Federal Military Parts, but I won't buy anything from them again. I ordered a spool of wire and it never showed up, and so far they have completely failed to respond to any emails. I'm only out $40 or so... but until I get my wire, it's not worth it to me to do business with them again.

I also bought cargo seats/rails from a reseller, via ebay, in New Orleans. They were easy to work with, had some issues setting up shipping, but the part was shipped for a reasonable cost and arrived in NOS condition and was as advertised.

I've definitely bought a few things from Wolfer and others, but I knew they were clearly NOT US made prior to purchasing them -- so I consider that an acceptable compromise for those few parts.

In the end, as long as I get to decide to buy or not based on part origin then I'm fine with non-US made parts of certain things.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks