• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

THE GREAT PUMPKIN --- Project Pumpkin Pie

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ernie, I like it. Keep posting.

Even though I happen to be a purist (for the most part), I still like seeing other people's modified stuff.

After all, my Deuce is a dump conversion, my Mule has a light and 2 seats and my M38A1....well, let's not talk about it. rofl

mangus580

Ernie, by all means keep posting. This site is about ALL MV's no matter how they are restored. If anyone complains about it.... they will have to deal with ME.

SasquatchSanta

Thanks everybody. The reason I got a little paranoid is because while there is a hot rodding / modified section in the site for the deuce there is none for the M37. I'n not suggesting ther should be one --- just didn't want to push the envelope too far.

I worked on the Pumpkin again today and will again tomorrow. I'll take some pics and post them next week. It's finally coming together. The only thing left is wireing and painting. The painting and detail work is very time consuming. I had hoped to have it finished yesterday (Friday) but now it looks like this coming Webnesday. I'll post a complete set of pics soon.

PS: I'm glad I didn't decide to go ahead and build the Spitfire engine. It's been 22 days straight and Soldier number-one and I are about Power Wagoned out. The motor I'm using is a 230 that only has a couple of hundred hours on it. While it was out we installed a civilian head that had been milled .040. The Spitfire, hopefully with a 265 crank can come later.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks everybody. The reason I got a little paranoid is because while there is a hot rodding / modified section in the site for the deuce there is none for the M37. I'n not suggesting ther should be one --- just didn't want to push the envelope too far.
I suspect the only reason that there were 2 Deuce forums originally was because the site is so Deuce-centric that the brass felt it would be helpful to break up the deuce forum into stock and modifieds.

Since there are so many fewer Jeeps, M37's, CUCV's, Mules, etc., there was no reason to break those forums out thus stock and modifieds all share the same space.

:beer:

SasquatchSanta

What started out to be a 28-day project ended up taking 37-days. The goal was to be finished by Thanksgiving but little "detail" work projects kept getting in the way. Wireing and painting took longer than expected. The cold weather destroyed the flash function on my Sony still camera so the later indoor pictures were taken with the help of a trouble light (held my soldier number-one). The lighting caused some of the indoor pictures to turn out with a washed out yellowish color. The real color of the truck can be seen in the first and last pictures. The last picture shows both the M37 and M35 --- parade ready. The Orr Minnesota Christmas parade was on 5 Dec. These two trucks are now my only vehicles.

At a later date I plan to exchange the stock 230 flathead for a balanced 265 Spitfire but for now, I'm going to run the 230. It's a new, fresh engine that has been bored .030 over with a civilian .040 milled head. The milled head made a big difference in the performance. Surprisingly, it pulls the 489 gears fairly well.

This orange M37 (Agent Orange) is my daily driver.

PS: YES --- There is some bling. The door handles and Power Wagon emblems are crome. I found when driving the gray M37 that the Power Wagon emblems keep prople from asking the "what is it" guestion. After a while the questions get old.

Attachments

SasquatchSanta

Recovery4X4 Wrote:

I really like it Ernie. Will Rosie be retired for the winter now?
Thank You! It was a lot more work that I thought it would be.

Rosie will be semi-retired for the winter. I drove her for two weeks steady and had no starting problems even at 15-below zero. When it gets colder you just gotta plug more stuff in. I just filler her with number-one diesel so there will be "some" winter driving before I switch over to WMO next summer.

The M37 has the heater that was in the W-200 grew cab so it stays warm. It will make a good winter driver.

Thks again. :-D

Green_gator

That is a great looking vehicle! Congratulations on another outstanding vehicle. It has been said though that I am a bit partial to orange or at least orange and blue.

Danger Ranger

OK, ancient thread revival....:shock:

How has the "Agent Orange" power wagon-M37-truck worked out for you? Has it performed as well as you hoped? Just a little bump for follow-up...:)