• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Jacqueline Cochran Air Show (Thermal Air Show)

deuceaid

Banned
This is the next convoy destination ! It would be nice to have a real convoy this time,,,,,
,,,( joking)..... but seriously,,, several rally points, and then one long Music Video Convoy,, only a few of my fellow addicts will know what I mean...I`m still looking for the next fix from my local mil vid dealer!!!!!!!

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll check the schedule to see if I'm off for that one. It's hard to make the highlight reel when you're bringing up the rear, but I'll probably pull rear guard again. :shock:

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll check the schedule to see if I'm off for that one. It's hard to make the highlight reel when you're bringing up the rear, but I'll probably pull rear guard again. :shock:
November 5, 2011 for the 8th annual Jacqueline Cochran Air Show.

Just slot in front of The Recorder (then all your moving violations will be caught on tape).

I'll be joining in towards the end of the convoy as I'm only 35 miles from the destination.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What would the route be . . . through J-Tree? I would guess not. We might have to connect in Palm Springs as well.
Could always route through J-Tree, then the park, which would drop us out on Box Canyon and down to Mecca. Could then roll into Thermal from the south :twisted:

You know the interstate is no fun :driver:

deuceaid

Banned
Gottlos , that why we need a few civilan camera people in fixed areas to get you,,,,and we could also fix a rearview cam just infront of You.

LowTech we could always take a section of Dillion road thru DHS its non freeway and fewer stops than PS. I tried to keep us off the freeway last time and we did for the most part, I`m not trying to brag at all, but I think the guys liked the last route and stops I picked......I would rather hear from them about what they thought.( no ego building, just want serious critiquing about last route, and all jokes are welcome)

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm starting to think this is not happening :( I need to pick my mom up at the airport in PS at 11:00, was thinking that I would do that in the 109. Maybe during, or before going to the air show, . . . she used to be a pilot 8), think she would like it.
So . . . are others going?
11-10-09 (1).jpg

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I doubt I can make it with my M109 as the engine isn't repaired yet. I'll come out and say hi if people are going though.

armytruck63

I am already commited to a parade in San Bernardino the same day. Kylia, the same lady that asked for vehicles for Hemet, is working on Thermal, but I haven't heard from her. I can message her on Facebook if anyone needs me to do so.

deuceaid

Banned
My fuel pump is out of service,,,sounds like no convoy on this one ( Rats), I dont know about the other guys that went (like Jim,Jon, Mark ,Phil) I might talk to a friend ( Mat) and see if he wants to go as a civilian,,,,,,,,It would be cool to see the supersonic flyby :-D

Anyway , we could make a really good convoy at the next hemet show, and LowTech could join Bad_Carp on the way out, (I would like to see Lowtechs fuel setup , pumps etc)..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks