• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The last under 10grand M1078

coachgeo

Well...... ya'll called it that not me. For someone else I hope this is not true... for me...... yeahhhh.. but it's official. Deal is struck Looks like Labor Day weekend is the next time the envelope opens with enough time for me to go get her in MO. She's a bit Rusty but mechanically sound.

. 13,000 miles on it now. Sold at Iron Planet at 11,000 and driven from GA to MO and other places without incidence. Thus she is a good runner.
. Newish 4 Red Top Batteries
. 4 90+% tires
. ROP (Box)...... a Roll Over Protection system that is boxed in on one side and I'll follow up with doors to go on opposite side as Seller intended. Place to store tow straps, Chains, Tools etc. Yet also serve as a ROP or as what he called a "Head Ache Rack" And yes... it is not in the way when the cab raises. It's made of 3/8" C Channel construction and bolted to Chassis.
. Rusty Steps
. Some rust repair on back of cab needs to be done.
. unknown if CTIS functioning well. Does not lea tires down.... he's just not needed/wanted to try the systm
. Hub reduction gears eliminated. Gives higher final axle ratio. Im not sure I like it.. not sure if it reduces axle strength by upping stresses at the pinion. That is one advantage to hub reduction thusly why it may be FMTV axles were designed with pinion/pumpkin so small compared to other axles on a truck this large without Hub Reduction. Not sure on stresses else where either. More on that later after I get her home and pull one hub to look, take pics etc.
. 4 spare good hubs with all internals ready to bolt on.
. Spare tire system removed but all parts is included. Sellers plan was to relocate spare elsewhere.
. Bed lowered some and wheel wells put in to accommodate wheel/suspension travel. Orginal plan was 14" drop but he backed off that and moved her back up some so Battery Box door opens better. Pics are with bed removed. Will be reinstalled shortly and pics added when done.

sell price in mid 8grand range.

Attachments

Last edited:

jtron79

The indicators of a good investment is how happy it makes you! I got a raft of crap for buying in Georgia and shipping to Oregon. At the end of it i have a running winch truck for $7500. listen to the supportive and let the bad eggs in the group fly over head. Happy recovery.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hub reduction eliminated? So basically 3.90 final drive? Thing must go 80 mph or more.

DanM7890

How often does a crane mounted unit sell? I may be keeping my eye open for one. The bed mounted cranes seem to be non existent.

Ukraine Train

Congrats on the purchase! Mine tops out at 53, and it would be great if it could hit 65, but I really don't feel like these beasts would be very stable at that high of a speed. Too easy to lose control or roll.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks