• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The LDT-465 that ran backwards

Jake0147

Starter, cam, distributor advance weights and vacuum retard assembly, oil pump drive, and a timing mark indicator with the BTDC marks going the opposite way... Done. Of course there are probably more application specific changes, but that's it for rotation changes. All the accessories (water pumps, alternators, etc) already come in both rotations anyhow for different belt routings.

Ironhorse

Happened to me. It was a 1959 Case 900 farm tractor however. Sucked the rain flapper down tight and rolled black smoke from the air intake. A definite WTF moment.

Firehound

10 years later, add me to the "believers club".
My buddy killed his non-turbo M35A2, and it started right back, but wasn't running right was spewing oil, and reverse and first were backwards!!

It's so obvious now, but man were we confused as to how the transmission got that fubard!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks