• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The M-37 in Vietnam

citizensoldier

I am going to guess B1's.. Why you ask?? Because the B1 production was put into place for the Veitnam War.. Thats what the book says anyway. The M715 was sqeezed into production through some back door deals to replace the M37 and was a inferior vehicle.. OH my ! That will get the hornets buzzing! Hehehehehe..
Jeep started producing the M715's before they even had a contract with Uncle Sam.. Kind of like GM thought they would do with the M211/M135's and found out they didnt rule the roost..

Capt.Marion

citizensoldier said:
The M715 was sqeezed into production through some back door deals to replace the M37 and was a inferior vehicle..
Get the Hornets buzzing? The same thing can be said about pretty much 715 and afterwards. The M37 coulda been updated (Diesel Engine and higher gearing... like everyone does now anyways) but the basic design was great. Now we have the HMMWVs that fall apart and with engines that don't hold up, the FMTVs that aren't so great when you're between Iraq and a hard place, etc and so forth. I'll hush now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks