• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The M1031 with 5" lift, 12-bolt H1's and no spacers build!

tvguy

You set yours up almost like mine... I didnt do the PSC pump... I just tweaked mine a bit.... Yours Looks good.... have you road tested it yet?

Just went around the block a few times but it felt good. I'm anxious to get it up to 50 - 60 mph and see how it does . . . I don't anticipate any issues though.

tvguy

I pulled the front driveshaft yesterday and did some clearancing on the CV. The CV itself is the limitating factor now, not the yokes. I'm afraid if I bounce it hard it's going to grenade the CV . . . ultimately I'll have to upgrade to another CV that will give me more travel. But, I'm planning on running it at Durhamtown this weekend. Any other CUCV's going?

tvguy

I did some maintenance work this weekend . . .

I replaced the wiper motor and although my washers now work, the motor is still too week. New motor, cleaned all the contacts . . . I guess I need to remove the cowl and see if I can lubricate the mechanism. If that doesn’t work I’m kind of at a loss.

I also replaced the harmonic balancer. Nothing really wrong with the old one, just wanted to do a little preventative maintenance. I think I’m going to swap in all new glow plugs this week as well.

WARWAG

My wiper motors work fine but the washer fluid nozzles are restricted. They have been that way from the time I picked her up. I will most likely just replace the entire system as my washer fluid tank has a hole/crack half way up. How difficult was it to remove the old Harmonic balancer? I have yet to install mine. The old one seems fine but want to get the new one in soon.

tvguy

My wiper motors work fine but the washer fluid nozzles are restricted. They have been that way from the time I picked her up. I will most likely just replace the entire system as my washer fluid tank has a hole/crack half way up. How difficult was it to remove the old Harmonic balancer? I have yet to install mine. The old one seems fine but want to get the new one in soon.
I didn't remove the radiator or fan shroud . . . just worked around it. Getting the old one off was a PITA though! I used a generic puller that for this purpose was too long. The screw was inside the fan shroud so moving the wrench was cumbersome to say the least. I ended up buying an installer from NAPA with the correct 16 x 1.5mm thread pitch and the new one went on pretty easily. I replaced the front seal while I was at it. There was nothing really wrong with my old one either but I just wanted to the "peace of mind".

tvguy

Hmmm, not sure what you saw . . . I had some extra wheels that I sold a while back. No plans on changing the 12-bolts I'm running now.

tvguy

So here's what the old glow plugs look like . . . fortunately, they weren't swollen so no issues removing them. I cranked the truck up and it ran fine, so I walked away to put my tools up. When I came back there was a large puddle underneath the truck. I found a pin hole in the drainback hose on the front, driver's side injector. Not sure why it decided to "let loose" right at that time but it did. Anyone know who sells this hose? NAPA maybe?

Attachments

Last edited:

tvguy

So no sooner than I get the drainback hose replaced I take it for a drive around the block and when I shut it off, it won't restart. After a little troubleshooting I find I have a bad alternator. Since I converted to 12V a while back and was only running a single alternator, I swapped in the old "2nd" alternator. I'm back up-and-running again now.

tvguy

A while back a buddy gave me a Warn winch bumper from a Ford truck he was scrapping. I've been wanting to modify to fit the CUCV so I started working on that today. I'm going to have to fabricate the mounts but I'm thinking it won't be too complicated. standard.jpg

tvguy

I finally finished up the bumper this weekend. I was able to incorporate the shackles (in this case, from the rear of an M1010) into the new bumper. I may try to add the brushguard sometime later but for now I'm still having alternator issues. I ordered a rebuild kit and that will be the project for the upcoming weekend.
img_000005.jpgimg_000006.jpgimg_000007.jpgimg_000008.jpg