• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Move

JSF01

more pictures

Found the fist one Hiding in the back

I thought this set was not going to load, and was getting anoyed at the computer.

Attachments

JSF01

The Final Update

Well I made it. Today started a little rough. First My alarm did not go off so I over slept. My original plan was to be on the road by 9 at the latest. Instead I woke up about 9. So I got on the road instead about 9:40. After I crossed the bridge into West Virginia it began to to rain which quickly turned into a down poor. Lucky for me It only lasted about 5 minutes before I was through. It also cleaned up my windshield a bit, so that was nice.

I did finally have somthing break on my truck. As I pulled through a toll booth I noticed my speedometer was no longer working. My guess is it just came loose as the road up to the booth was a little rough. either way it should be a quick fix.

I also came to the conclution that I need a new GPS. The one I have I don't believe you can update the maps on and the maps on it are from 2008. Traveling on route 35 it showed I was triving through empty space. The road must have been completly rebuilt in the past couple of years. The GPS I have is also not very advanced. I beleive It only knows two types of roads highway and streets. I believe that it believe all highways are 65 or 70 mph and all streets are 35 or 40. Because of that it just will direct you on the shortest path and if the highway runs around a city it may direct you to drive through the city instead of staying on the highway. A perfect example would be Richman. It sent me into the city than alang some small cobble stone streets in some run down neighbor hoods that I could not do more than 10 mph down because I was afraid any faster might shake one of my vehicles apart.

Any way besides those minor hang ups I have now offically completed my cross country trip.
I recomend that any one that likes driving should at least do one cross country trip in there lifetime. I would love to do another one in the future.

Attachments

chevyCUCV

I wanted to do a cross country trip since i was 16. Planned to do it when i graduated HS, but i did not follow through.

Can't wait to actually do it