• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The moving wall

Andrew and I took some trucks up to St. Ignace Michigan today to support

the Veterans and the Moving Wall.

V V A chapter 274 also had their M35 on display.

it was quite an interesting trip as the GWRRA had their midnight ride this

morning! they had a very large crowd of bikes!

Attachments

Maverick1701

Our police academy class worked the moving wall when it was down here in lufkin, tx a few months ago. Glad to see they are still going strong!

(this isnt anywhere near our whole class, only a few folks who posed for a quick pic while putting up the wall)

Attachments

Last edited:

krick3tt

I managed to get one of those vouchers from the airlines for a trip anywhere they fly, and as I was talking to the wife the other day, I mentioned that I wanted to see the 'Wall' in DC.
Long story short is that we are going in November to see it and the rest of DC for a week. Probably not the best time to go but I really want to see it.

196thprober

krick3tt: A very meaningful use for your voucher, thank you for thinking along those lines. DC in October/November much better than the huge crowds and sweltering heat in the summer in my opinion. PM sent.

KaiserM109

DaveP, Maverick1701,
You guys will never know how much you have helped; suffice it to say you have helped bring a lot of the past into perspective. For years I avoided The Moving Wall but finally my family prevailed upon me and I went to see it. A year later we went to Washington, DC to see the real one. I laid ashes from a Boy Scout camp fire below the panel where several friends were immortalized, including a bunkmate who was proud to be an Eagle Scout.

Thanks,
Arlyn

Monkeyboyarmy

Good job,DaveP. I offered to bring some trucks up to the moving wall that will be on display in N.E. Ohio this weekend and they said "this ain't a truck show".What can you do???

Good job,DaveP. I offered to bring some trucks up to the moving wall that will be on display in N.E. Ohio this weekend and they said "this ain't a truck show".What can you do???
I dont know their reason for not wanting the trucks there.

I have supported the Moving Wall 3 different times with trucks.

one event I took over 100,000 pounds of trucks and equipment.

allways well accepted by all.

no its not a truck show, but the equipment adds to the event.

they draw public that wouldnt have stopped otherwise, and a lot if not most of

the Veterans like to see them.

Maybe it will work out if you explain your intention to add to the event, and

not "show your truck".

talk with whoever is the sponser of the Wall.

good luck and let us know the outcome

DeucesWild11

The moving wall came to Carmel NY a few weeks ago, it was funny as I was driving the deuce to Home Depot and the caravan of bikes and police and army past me, it was quite the scene. I wish I had video of it. Here are some pics of the wall at the Veterans Memorial Park along with some of the park's MVs.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks